#14 Sierra 450bl trophy
3.5mm gold tungsten bead
Tail - whiting CDL
body - hares mask natural
Rib - gold UTC BR
Collar - whiting brahma hen
Thorax - hares mask dark natural
Thread - red UTC 70

Not to take anything away from your beautiful ties, but your fly photography lately is fantastic!

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Not as sexy as Billy’s, but a couple for the smallie box this spring.
I’ve had a Martinelli whip finisher for at least 30 years and finally kind of taught myself how to use it tonight. I felt like a total spaz trying to figure it out. Old dog, new tricks....
SF

E8EF298D-3FC3-4EC7-A630-798EBFD3000B.jpeg

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Got myself a new partridge skin... so I had to do a soft hackle!

A lot harder to hide clumsy thread wraps on such a simple fly. This will be my next project to focus on for a few weeks
You know the fish don't care, but you'll grab the best ones first and fish them confidently. Nice tie.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
[QUOTE="b_illymac, post: 1682316, member] Hopefully the willow blade wobbles on the kill (think smallmouth) :D almost time to test...

Hmmm.....if you troll that using a downrigger and a euro nymphing rod, is it even fly fishing bro?
[/QUOTE]

No. Prove me wrong!

Kfish

WFF Supporter
[QUOTE="b_illymac, post: 1682316, member] Hopefully the willow blade wobbles on the kill (think smallmouth) :D almost time to test...

Hmmm.....if you troll that using a downrigger and a euro nymphing rod, is it even fly fishing bro?
[/QUOTE]
It is! Since two negatives cancel each other out.

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
Bell’s Hexagenia (variation)

48329308406_b342f36007_c.jpg

48329443362_f610c51a5e_c.jpg

48329443442_1b58c89d84_c.jpg

48329308341_632b0c1205_c.jpg

Michigan tyer Jim Bell’s late 80’s hex pattern; subbed dubbing for the original’s wool body since my wife had no yarn in that color available.

hook - TMC 5212 #6
thread - Danville 6/0 brown
tail - pheasant tail
body - dubbing dirty yellow
wing - calftail (downwing/split)
hackle - brown

Regards,
Scott
Very clean, nicely tied. Looks like a great fly.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts