What's in your vise?

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
This thing swims so nice, is super light and fun to throw on my 7 wt, and has become my favorite pattern.

Haven’t caught shit on it yet but gonna change that tomorrow.

001(89).jpg

NRC

WFF Supporter
image.jpg
Currently in a weird, stupid battle of wills with chum babies. The batches I’d previously tied up were really foul prone, which pissed me off. But once or twice a year (including last weekend), I end up on a beach where they seem like the only game in town, down to a preference for the red squirrel and peacock herl. So I’m riffing on the pattern with some short shank hooks.

And with the way my weekend schedule is looking, I should be able to give these a shot...next year :confused:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
View attachment 281353
Currently in a weird, stupid battle of wills with chum babies. The batches I’d previously tied up were really foul prone, which pissed me off. But once or twice a year (including last weekend), I end up on a beach where they seem like the only game in town, down to a preference for the red squirrel and peacock herl. So I’m riffing on the pattern with some short shank hooks.

And with the way my weekend schedule is looking, I should be able to give these a shot...next year :confused:

One thing I’ve done that helps with fouling issues is adding just a bit of UV flex at the base of the tail.
It doesn’t seem to affect tail movement much if at all with some materials but does help with fouling. Not a cure all of course.

The other option is to take an extra wrap of the braid under the base of the tail which works really well for fouling when coated with something like Bone Dry or SHHAN.
Basically extending the braid body out just a bit
SF

BBDE4797-9754-4F29-8D86-CB3A58393335.jpeg

NRC

WFF Supporter
One thing I’ve done that helps with fouling issues is adding just a bit of UV flex at the base of the tail.
It doesn’t seem to affect tail movement much if at all with some materials but does help with fouling. Not a cure all of course.

The other option is to take an extra wrap of the braid under the base of the tail which works really well for fouling when coated with something like Bone Dry or SHHAN.
Basically extending the braid body out just a bit
SF

View attachment 281362
Let it be written, let it be done

image.jpg

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info