What's in your vise?

ScottP

WFF Premium
Houston’s Pearly Invicta Muddler

51497219358_e7bf3a5a95_c.jpg

51497922995_a78232fcc0_c.jpg

51496208037_f3b6a0744a_c.jpg

Wing is probably a hair too long but it’ll fish okay. Here’s his SBS if you’re interested.

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 black
tail - Krystal Flash pearl
rib - small wire silver
body - Krystal Flash pearl
body hackle - brown
wing - hen pheasant tail
head/collar - deer hair

Regards,
Scott

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
Crawfish pattern similar to the ones that have been effective. Black flash, punkin' legs and orange pinchers in rubber, grizzly hackle, black, rust and gray hare's ear with a little blue ice dub. Trying to hit all those signal crayfish color triggers. View attachment 295811
How big are you tying these?

I don't really have any crayfish patterns specific to trout, so my bass ones are all 2.5"-4" and on bigger hooks.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
How big are you tying these?

I don't really have any crayfish patterns specific to trout, so my bass ones are all 2.5"-4" and on bigger hooks.
I've been tying these on an sz 8 3xl, so they are about 1 1/2" long. I've found them up to 5". I just need to get used to selecting and fishing bigger stuff I think.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
I've been tying these on an sz 8 3xl, so they are about 1 1/2" long. I've found them up to 5". I just need to get used to selecting and fishing bigger stuff I think.
I just know that for bass, smaller has always been better for me. Probably because they don't have to deal with big claws (unless they're eating them right after molting, when they're soft).

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Premium
I just know that for bass, smaller has always been better for me. Probably because they don't have to deal with big claws (unless they're eating them right after molting, when they're soft).
After your comment I looked back at some stomach content pic's and it appears the crawfish in the trout are about this size or just slightly larger. I'll play with it, it's not like catching them is that difficult, if something is wrong it's obvious pretty quickly.

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Mickey-Brim-Bass-1080.jpg

Mickey Brim Bass

Hook - Mustad 9671, 9672 or equivalent, size 4 or 6
Weight - Lead/lead free wire
Thread - Black
Tail - Two pieces of red wool yarn or antron yarn
Body - Oval, flat or embossed silver tinsel
Wing & throat- Yellow calf tail

Pennsylvania Angler & Boater Magazine - July/Aug 2009

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
Aquatic-Beetle-1080.jpg

Aquatic Beetle

Larry O Jurgens Pattern

Hook - Mustad C068 or equivalent, Size 12 - 20

Thread - Black

Air Bubble - Pearl, silver lined or clear glass bead threaded on monofilament

Ribbing - Black wire

Body/Legs - Black ostrich herl

Shellback - Black thin skin or magic foil

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts