What's in your vise?

GAT

Dumbfounded
I think they are Boss Brand and Sportsmans Warehouse. White worm with a hotspot: View attachment 163605
Thanks. I need to track some of the puppies down. I think they may be the ticket for building "flies" the bass guy can use.

He's hoping that one of my creations might make the difference someday in his tournament endeavors. ...it's for sure no one else would be using anything like the lures I've been making.

The fact that the jigs sink to the bottom as they do would make them especially effective on the Umpqua River for the smallmouth. We basically tied flies that were very heavy at the front to sink straight down to the bass. The use of the jig hook would certainly work better than what we were trying. ... basically, lead eyes.

JohnB

Billy are you going to fish those off of a floating line? What's the bass strategy there? I'm getting a pontoon boat this spring and am keen to start learning the bass game.

Billy are you going to fish those off of a floating line? What's the bass strategy there? I'm getting a pontoon boat this spring and am keen to start learning the bass game.
Yes floating. That way when you strip it less likely to snag. Mainly for sight fishing big bass and casting around or on a bed....

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Awesome video.
You learn something new all the time.
I had no idea the adults went underwater like that.
Thanks for sharing that.
I think your pattern has it dialed in.
SF

Latest posts