What's in your vise?

Plugs

Good morning everyone
Well I somehow missed a turn or two of the purple floss towards the rear there. :oops: Excuse me, still waiting on the coffee pot . It's hard to tell by the picture but where you see the silver tinsel start from there forward is purple angora dubbing.

comeback.jpg

Plugs

To see it more... Take your botkin or a piece of Velcro and scuff up the dubbing, after ribbing, before the hackle and wing.

Is the coffee ready yet? :D
I tried the velcro but the fibers of the angora are real long and I just made a mess. Guess I need to cut it up a bit before turning it on the thread. Better yet it'd probably be better to cut down small and put in a dubbing loop.

Plugs

Ok I've had the 1st cup of coffee and the 2nd is in front of me. Plan for the day is to tie up at least a doz. different salmon\steelhead patterns and get in some crappie flies tied in as well.
2nd salmon fly of the day a very old tried and true Rodgers Fancy Hairwing version.

rogersfancy.jpg

Plugs

The crappie ties today will all be pretty basic. They'll all be on a size 14 Orvis tactical wide gap jig hook with a gold bead head. The only change will body and tail colors. I won't bore you all with pics of each one. Here's the 1st one. No the pic is not upside down. I am, that's how I tie them :D and yes I'm using the scraps from the feathers on the steelhead\salmon flies for the jig tails :D o-char-gbh.jpg
This color combo was my hottest jig color last year when the crappie went on the bite at Silver Lake. pic of a good day below 101_0183.jpg

Last edited:
The crappie ties today will all be pretty basic. They'll all be on a size 14 Orvis tactical wide gap jig hook with a gold bead head. The only change will body and tail colors. I won't bore you all with pics of each one. Here's the 1st one. No the pic is not upside down. I am, that's how I tie them :D and yes I'm using the scraps from the feathers on the steelhead\salmon flies for the jig tails :D View attachment 178760
This color combo was my hottest jig color last year when the crappie went on the bite at Silver Lake. pic of a good day below View attachment 178761
How do you fish it?

Latest posts