What's in your vise?

So how'd you do that? Did you put the tippets and the hair in a loop then turn it on?
Wrapped the tippets like a hackle, wet them and pulled back, then spun the head. Tippet stem was stronger than I expected. Haven’t done it this way before but I’m liking it and will spin up a couple varieties then get em wet this week and see how they look in the water.

ScottP

Question for you: any advantages (fishing-wise) that you see to tilt-wings over standard parachutes? A little more caddis-looking, though not with that tail....
Maybe the butts (when using deer/elk hair for the wing) provide a bit more buoyancy? I don't have much experience with tilt-wings; need to give them a test drive.

Regards,
Scott

Might have a Baja trip in the works so I've been playing around with jack imitations. Tried something different I've been thinking about for a while by extending some fiber bundles and gluing them flat with epoxy beyond the body of the fly to simulate fins and a tail. Mostly worked I think. The dorsal came out a bit wonky but the tail and ventral fins look OK. Need to play with this more.

Blue_runner_rev2_30pct.jpg

Last edited:
Might have a Baja trip in the works so I've been playing around with jack imitations. Tried something different I've been thinking about for a while by extending some fiber bundles and gluing them flat with epoxy beyond the body of the fly. Mostly worked I think. The dorsal came out a bit wonky but the tail and ventral fins look OK. Need to play with this more.

View attachment 178980
Damn...where's LOVE it button?!?!
Love the looks of it...how's it swim?

Thanks guys.

No idea how it swims. Hopefully well. The tail is surprisingly stable yet flexes nicely with the rest of the body.

To be honest I didn't think it would work. Also not sure if this has been done before so not saying it's my innovation. Mostly was just dinking around seeing how the folded bundle technique would work with deeper bodied patterns. Started pulling up pics of rainbow runners, noticed the cool sickle shaped fins and forked tail... then one thing just led to another. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

No idea how it swims. Hopefully well. The tail is surprisingly stable yet flexes nicely with the rest of the body.

To be honest I didn't think it would work. Also not sure if this has been done before so not saying it's my innovation. Mostly was just dinking around seeing how the folded bundle technique would work with deeper bodied patterns. Started pulling up pics of rainbow runners, noticed the cool sickle shaped fins and forked tail... then one thing just led to another. ;)
Well it sure is a cool looking tie. Thanks for sharing

Latest posts