What's in your vise?

ScottP

Denson's Pearly Crippler

Based on the body it should be called the Opal Crippler but who am I to argue?

hook - Dai Riki 075 #8
thread - Danville 6/0 black
rib - small wire silver
bpdy - large tinsel opal
body hackle - grizzly hen dyed ginger (2 packs Koolaid Mango/1 cup water)
1st shoulder hackle - pheasant rump dyed black
2nd shoulder hackle - grizzly hen dyed ginger

Regards,
Scott

Buzzy

Blue Chironomid...can be really great way to go especially on dark,funky, choppy, no hatch days.......days when you think fish aren’t even seeing you fly..... View attachment 188370
Maybe five or six years ago, three of us were getting our prams set up on a BC lake not too far from Logan Lake. We were busy multi-tasking (bs'ing with a local) when the subject of blue flies came up. The Canadian gentleman showed us his streamer box. I wanted to become his heir, NICE doesn't begin to describe it. Anyway, he was a fan of incorporating blue into his ties and the "Patrol Car" was one he really liked (so do I). I also recall that you had a small blue bead mini (micro?) leech with a blue bead. Here's my tie of what I recall you sharing with the forum:
DSCF0046.JPG
This @pond monkey fly can be effective at the warm water ditch. Thanks for sharing your blue midge.

Maybe five or six years ago, three of us were getting our prams set up on a BC lake not too far from Logan Lake. We were busy multi-tasking (bs'ing with a local) when the subject of blue flies came up. The Canadian gentleman showed us his streamer box. I wanted to become his heir, NICE doesn't begin to describe it. Anyway, he was a fan of incorporating blue into his ties and the "Patrol Car" was one he really liked (so do I). I also recall that you had a small blue bead mini (micro?) leech with a blue bead. Here's my tie of what I recall you sharing with the forum:
View attachment 188372
This @pond monkey fly can be effective at the warm water ditch. Thanks for sharing your blue midge.

Tube Version: Disco Shrimp
P1051691.JPG P1051690.JPG
P1051692.JPG

The Disco Shrimp is a staple top water speckled trout pattern for the Florida Gulf coast.
The tube fly version takes advantage of the two compelling characteristics of tube flies--better leverage with shorter hook shanks and preserving flies from damage as they slide up the leader.
Tube: Pro Tube with soft disc instead of sequin.
Head: Fox tail
Antennae: Crystal flash
Legs: Centipede legs
Eyes: Hareline Epoxy Crab Eyes
Carapace: 3mm foam
Swimmerets: Medium Flash Chenille

Latest posts