What's in your vise?

Oh yes, CG approved and encouraged safety equipment right there. Ordinarily I wear a 2xl for most things but I'm thinking an XL is in order here for a nice, snug, and safe fit.
Oh yes, CG approved and encouraged safety equipment right there. Ordinarily I wear a 2xl for most things but I'm thinking an XL is in order here for a nice, snug, and safe fit.
OK They are available in 'stretch'

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Please tell me how the slider/popper is put together. What's the PeeWee mounted on? Thanks!
Dave,
That is a Surface Seducer double barrel popper / slider head.
It took three hooks to produce it, two of which are sacrificed (cut off).
The slider head is slide onto the shank of a size 4 Mustad 3407DT.

I added the loop material to the eye of the bucktail portion, then tied the open ends down on the shank of the 3407.
Before I did the steps above, I put the head on the 3407 and marked where it needed to be cut. I didn't want any of the cut off hook sticking out of the back of the head. I also didn't want the loop tie down point to go past the mark. where it needed to be cut.
I cut the front hook off once the loop was tied on and then pressed the eye and shank through the head from behind with a pair of needle nose pliers. I added a few drops of super glue to the shank to secure the head in place.

There are a few things I'd change in the tying process if I tie more of these.
I hope this helps.
SF

Last edited:

Ian Horning

Powerbait Entomologist
Scuddler Minnow

IMG_5669.jpg

Lightly weighted, about 2-2.5" long. Tied on an Alec Jackson 1.5
Sparse, buggy materials and flash... combined with a sculpted deer hair head and protruding pectoral fins... generating significant motion and water disturbance without a lot of bulk.
This fly should work under clear water conditions for Steelhead especially after some warmer days...fished on a dry line, or a heavy tip and what lies between.
It should also be effective for attracting any suspecting trout or char that can fit their yap around the hook.... or spike themselves in the process of trying.

Latest posts