What's in your vise?

thank you

i do like the recipe from mike valla's book

its like the telephone game

"The first person in the line or circle whispers a word or phrase into the ear of the person sitting or standing to their right. The Game Continues. Players whisper the phrase to their neighbors until it reaches the last player in line."

one book has a recipe then another book and another book and by the end its a different recipe

Last edited:
thank you

"The first person in the line or circle whispers a word or phrase into the ear of the person sitting or standing to their right. The Game Continues. Players whisper the phrase to their neighbors until it reaches the last player in line."

one book has a recipe then another book and another book and by the end its a different recipe
The Skunk fly is a perfect example...
The original skunk fly is a bit different than what is in the books, which of course are different from each other...then you have a "tyer's interpretation" added to the mix.
I love this hobby.

ScottP

Sawada's Mallard and Claret (variation)

Swapped out his solid blue hackle at the front with jay sub.

hook - Mustad 3906 #8
thread - Danville 6/0 black
tail - golden pheasant tippet
rib - oval tinsel gold
body - dubbing claret
hackle - dyed claret (1Tbs Rit wine/1 cup water)
shoulder hackle - Mearns Quail (jay substitute) dyed blue (Regatta - 3/4 Tsp Rit Aquamarine, 1/4 Tsp Rit Royal Blue/4 cups water)
wing - bronze mallard

Regards,
Scott

thank you

Hello Norm, my remark wasn't meant as a critique but only the way I learned it from Valla's book. I reacted only about the hook choice. Mike

Latest posts