What's in your vise?

i tied 3 black leeches, 3 uv red blood worms, and 3 chrinomids (purple/silver rib/red gill/white bead). ive not fished anything else (minus a couple big leftover river streamers) so far on stillwater this year and im over 60 fish! still have all 9 flies. I will prob go up to 12 and tie some olive willy variations soon, as I cant deny the damsels who are fly :)

Plugs

I was looking at the scraps on my desk and thought what could I use this mess for. A Borden Special was the answer and I hadn't tied one in months so why not.

borden special.jpg

Last edited:
Beeen using Boobies this spring for trout. Seemed like there should be application for bass since they seem to like goofy looking things.

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG
Hook: Orvis bass bug 2/0
Booby : 3/8' Chartreuse foam cylinder slices glue to 20 pound Mason mono and lashed to the hook shank. The mono is burned on both side to make it flat and keep the cylinder from falling off, superglue added as well.
Eyes: finger nail polish covered with UV resin
Tail: two rooster neck hackles on each side
Underbody: Olive estatz
Body hackle: Olive Emu

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Beeen using Boobies this spring for trout. Seemed like there should be application for bass since they seem to like goofy looking things.

View attachment 200459

View attachment 200458
Hook: Orvis bass bug 2/0
Booby : 3/8' Chartreuse foam cylinder slices glue to 20 pound Mason mono and lashed to the hook shank. The mono is burned on both side to make it flat and keep the cylinder from falling off, superglue added as well.
Eyes: finger nail polish covered with UV resin
Tail: two rooster neck hackles on each side
Underbody: Olive estatz
Body hackle: Olive Emu
Shhhhhh!

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
i tied 3 black leeches, 3 uv red blood worms, and 3 chrinomids (purple/silver rib/red gill/white bead). ive not fished anything else (minus a couple big leftover river streamers) so far on stillwater this year and im over 60 fish! still have all 9 flies. I will prob go up to 12 and tie some olive willy variations soon, as I cant deny the damsels who are fly :)
Then that 5% will show up and you will be Fu*Ked

Latest posts