What's in your vise?

jasmillo

Super excited to have an AK trip on the horizon. I’ll be in the Talkeetna area for a few days just exploring (with a fly rod at the ready of course) and then 6 days at Katmai. Last year I did not fish with a guide but this year I will a bit, if anything just to feel a little more comfortable with all those Katmai bears around :). So, tied up some different colored dolly llamas and small wooly buggers. The few times I ventured out and fished the Cook river on my own last trip, I used simple, small dark wooly buggers and had pretty good luck with the bows.

Any other streamer suggestions?

I’ll be buying my nymphs and dries. Not quite comfortable with my ability to tie those well enough yet.

5BC1E53F-4427-4273-A0A4-51C241A53654.jpeg

DE4AC6E3-FD1C-45FB-BCD3-8BBD40F73378.jpeg

C9C8BD63-E714-49D3-A0F4-B4703FFF2A58.jpeg

2F0752B0-E0CD-4021-96EC-3AAC60041EA6.jpeg

NRC

Super excited to have an AK trip on the horizon. I’ll be in the Talkeetna area for a few days just exploring (with a fly rod at the ready of course) and then 6 days at Katmai. Last year I did not fish with a guide but this year I will a bit, if anything just to feel a little more comfortable with all those Katmai bears around :). So, tied up some different colored dolly llamas and small wooly buggers. The few times I ventured out and fished the Cook river on my own last trip, I used simple, small dark wooly buggers and had pretty good luck with the bows.

Any other streamer suggestions?

I’ll be buying my nymphs and dries. Not quite comfortable with my ability to tie those well enough yet.

View attachment 205324

View attachment 205325

View attachment 205326

View attachment 205327
Hurry up and get that trip over with so I can see more of your coho flies!

Latest posts