What's in your vise?

@jasmillo just FYI, I am using the stacked SF blend belly Gunnar Brammer uses in the "trout nugget." I tie in the eyes, then make a thread bump at the hook bend (to stop the bunny later), few strands of flash, stacked belly, collar, rubber legs (on some). Then poke the bunny strip on and pull until it hits the thread bump. Stretch and tie off right behind the eyes. Single dubbing stack in front of eyes. It's actually pretty quick and easy after tying a few.

@jasmillo just FYI, I am using the stacked SF blend belly Gunnar Brammer uses in the "trout nugget." I tie in the eyes, then make a thread bump at the hook bend (to stop the bunny later), few strands of flash, stacked belly, collar, rubber legs (on some). Then poke the bunny strip on and pull until it hits the thread bump. Stretch and tie off right behind the eyes. Single dubbing stack in front of eyes. It's actually pretty quick and easy after tying a few.
Nice. I was tying mine based on this pattern. Basically, googled zonker strip pattern and looked for something similar to what you were posting :). Really like the looks of these.

I think an SBS is in order.

Nice. I was tying mine based on this pattern. Basically, googled zonker strip pattern and looked for something similar to what you were posting :). Really like the looks of these.

I really like that pattern. That belly tie ends up very similar to to what I'm doing with the SF blend. I was already thinking how I'd adjust the pattern I've been tying to downsize for SRC and this might be it. I'd probably align the dubbing a bit more than he does before tying in and tie in the final flash behind the eyes. And it almost looks better before he does the final head clump but I'd have to see it both ways in the water. Or maybe just a cleaner head stack.

@jasmillo Cool I'll check it out. As a side note, if you haven't binge watched like all of Brammer's videos you should. Some really neat techniques and patterns. I feel like I've really taken a lot away from his videos. He's a super fly design nerd and it shows.
Thanks for tip. Tied this up after wrapping up work this afternoon using his articulates trout nugget video. I used ep fibers for the stacking and certainly could have done a better trim job.Again, not nearly as pretty as his tie but should get the job done!

E247B2C0-D58E-41D9-8922-3E1E73BE4BE4.jpeg

And one more. Ok, after this one back to salmon ties. Still need to fill out that box...

4C533D8C-E2F4-4DE3-846D-363C8755FC19.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts