What's in your vise?

Speyrod GB

Just curious, for those of you who tie all of these flies, what do you do with them all? I can only imagine the amount of fly boxes you have, or do they go into display cases?

Speyrod GB

i just put steelhead and salmon flies in individual zip lock bags and store then in a plastic shoe box

I'm sure if you put them in a shadow box, or display you could sell them. At the minimum, you could donate them to a fly club for an auction fundraiser.

I love the rat series. I remember first learning about the series in Trey Combs book about steelheading. Keep them coming. I like the "old school" flies.

A rusty rat might be nice, if you're looking for another rat pattern.

Plugs

I donate a bunch to Project Healing Waters and other organizations that auction them off for the clubs fundraisers. Some I just pass out to kids on the river. There's been a couple times I've left handfuls on a picnic table in a park or next to a boat ramp and sit back and see who finds them and watch them get all excited.

rustyrat.jpg

SilverFly

Figure if I'm gonna tie tuna flies that probably won't get fished (ready to sacrifice the neighbors cat for good weather this Saturday) then I might as well tie tuna flies for tuna I have next to zero chance of hooking. Let alone landing. Here's a 7" mackerel tied on a 5/0 Daiichi circle hook. Hopefully big enough to get the attention of big but not-over-100# bluefin. Displayed vertically to show an unsaggy profile.

20190916_134444.jpg