thread - Danville 6/0 red
tail - pheasant tail
rib - small wire red
body - pearl tinsel over holo red tinsel
body hackle - brown
collar - Wing ‘n Flash holo silver

Regards,
Scott
Wow! A double like for that one Scott. Awsome!

Riogrande King

From the vise of “Buz” Buszek, Visalia, California. Muddler Minnow

Muddler - 1.jpgHook: Pictured is size 8, Mustad 9671 2XL
Tail: Natural mottled turkey-wing quills
Body: Flat gold tinsel
Underwing: Buz used wolf
Overwing: Natural mottled turkey-wing quills
Collar and head: Spun and trimmed deer hair

Buzzy

Some of the "older" fly fishers will remember Kaufmann's Streamborn and their catalogs, something I looked forward to getting in the snail mail every year. One year, while still in college, I splurged and bought a half dozen packages of seal fur (the real stuff). I used up the gold/yellow, black and brown tying up Kaufmann's stone fly nymphs (hot spot cop alert: I fished these stonefly nymphs in the Klamath River with my spinnging rod and a split shot - to great effect). Not sure why I bought olive seal fur back then but somehow I stuck it in one of my bins and forgot about it. Found it the other day and decided to tie up a couple small jigs. Seems like a hike deep into the channeled scab lands is in order.

seal fur.JPG

Adam Saarinen

sketch-1575390202960.pngsketch-1575390226375.pngA couple of pike flies i tied in October for a trip back to my old home waters in Turku, left after work on a friday. Laura & me spent the night in this spa hotel. sketch-1575390286444.pngFor many years i'd fished the waters around this hotel, before & after work in the spring & fall. Sometimes wondered what it would be like to stay there? Now i know. The sauna & swimming pools were awsome, but the breakfast over rated! Anyway, put the tube in quick before we checked in, 1 little nibble that didn't stick. Made a cast to the reeds, but over shot & got caught in them under the water. Just at that moment a mega beast. easily close to 50" splashed in the surface eating all the baitfish that were active in the surface. This happened only 3 metres from my tube. To tell the truth, i was a bit scared having my legs in the water & it took ages to get my fly unstuck from the reed under the water. Spent the night with Laura on the shore grilling sausage, drinking some booze & watching the lights in the darkness from the ferrys going to Sweden. Went out In the morning after breakfast, only one nibble that didn't stick again. Couple of fall pic's. sketch-1575390314006.pngsketch-1575390333291.pngsketch-1575390353210.pngThere you go, just put a skunked trip report in the fly thread! Oops!

wanative

Some of the "older" fly fishers will remember Kaufmann's Streamborn and their catalogs, something I looked forward to getting in the snail mail every year. One year, while still in college, I splurged and bought a half dozen packages of seal fur (the real stuff). I used up the gold/yellow, black and brown tying up Kaufmann's stone fly nymphs (hot spot cop alert: I fished these stonefly nymphs in the Klamath River with my spinnging rod and a split shot - to great effect). Not sure why I bought olive seal fur back then but somehow I stuck it in one of my bins and forgot about it. Found it the other day and decided to tie up a couple small jigs. Seems like a hike deep into the channeled scab lands is in order.

View attachment 219000
Nice Buzzy, wish I could stumble onto some natural polar bear hair.

Rob Allen

I have a 4/0 partridge M with 3/4 of a winters hope tied on it. I found out that i don't have any decent Orange Saddle for the wings.. it's been sitting in my vise for two weeks now. There is no orange saddle hackle in this town..

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister

Coal Car (Kaufmann)

Category – Steelhead

Hook – Gamakatsu T10-6H
Thread - Black
Tail - Black hackle fibers
Body - 1/4 Fluorescent orange floss/yarn; 1/4 Fluorescent red flossyarn; 1/2 Black chenille
Rib - Oval silver tinsel
Collar - Soft black hackle
Wing - A few strands of black krystal flash with black squirrel tail over

Latest posts