What's in your vise?

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Lou,
I believe they may have changed the formula on the plastic or maybe they offer two different types?
The first ones I ordered were a very hard plastic, which I broke a few of.
I order some quite a bit later then the first batch and they were almost rubbery feeling and not hard plastic like the first batch.
SF
It does explain the difference in the packaging Brian. IMG_20191213_205602.jpg

ScottP

Thunder and Lightning Dabbler (variant)

Since I hate tying floss bodies, and don’t tie them well, I cheated.

hook – WFC Model 6 #8
thread - Danville 6/0 black
tag - Danville Depth Ray fire orange
tail - bronze mallard
rib - small wire gold
body - tinsel holo black
body hackle - orange
collar hackle - hen grizzly dyed Silver Doctor Blue (2 packs Koolaid Ice Blue Raspberry/1 cup water)
cloak - bronze mallard

Regards,
Scott

Riogrande King

WFF Supporter
From the vise of “Buz” Buszek, Visalia, California. Howell’s Mayfly Nymph, Blue Dun

Hook: Standard dry. Pictured is a Mustad 94840 size 16.
Tail: Blue dun hackle fibers
Body: Peacock eye quill, stripped and varnished
Thorax: Blue dun hackle wrapped tightly then clipped to form a rounded thorax. Leave a few hackle barbules extended out from each side for legs

Note that the hackle is dyed. Back in the day nobody would have used a precious natural dun hackle on a nymph.

Howell's mayfly nymph - 1.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock