What's in your vise?

Riogrande King

WFF Supporter
From the vise of Jack Gartside, Boston, his Gartside Hopper

Gartside Hopper top - 1.jpg Gartside Hopper bottom - 1.jpg From jackgartside.com
Hook: Daiichi 2461 or 1270, Mustad 94831 or 9671 or other 2x or 3x long hook, #6-14
Thread: Danville’s 6/0 or 3/0, color to vary, depending on body color
Tail: Moose or stiff Light Elk body hair
Body: Propylene yarn (color to vary)
Rib: Furnace or dyed grizzly hackle feather to match body color
Underwing: Deer or elk body hair (to extend to tip of tail)
Overwing: Spar-varnished mottled pheasant back feather
Legs (or kickers): Deer body hair each side of wing to extend approximately half the wing length
Head: Deer body hair trimmed to shape

ScottP

Denson’s Farmer Palmer

hook – WFC Model 6 #8
tag - Danville Depth Ray fire orange
thread - Danville 6/0 red
rib - small wire gold
body - dubbing red
body hackle - hen grizzly dyed ginger (Mimosa - 4 Tsp Rit Golden Yellow, 1/2 Tsp Rit Camel/4 cups water)
cloak - bronze mallard

Regards,
Scott

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
Although these are not reverse tied like hollow style, the idea is the same when you flare the bucktail out, it doesn't give it quite as big of a profile, which is what I am shooting for when tying these. They cast like a dream too.

It should be noted that I tied up one with the front shank wrapped in lead and it didn't sink appreciably deeper than these unweighted versions and didn't cast nearly as well (no problem for a TH rod, but it was very noticeable with a SHer).

Cheers!

Adam Saarinen

For a long time i've been trying to think of a easy to ty shrimp, finally figured one out! Rabbit zonker, home made eyes & wing n flash in a dubbing loop. Super quick to ty, just have to make more eyes & find cheap good hooks. Ty a shit load & hopefully off load some while fishing at a price where i don't loose! Not gonna make a million dollars! sketch-1576431165449.png sketch-1576431183019.png

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock