What's in your vise?

ScottP

Golden Olive Deer Tail Bumble

Playing around with a couple new dye formulas; the golden olive, a lot more diluted than I’m used to, took a long time to dye but produced a nice color.

hook – WFC Model 6 #8
thread - UTC 70 woodduck
tail - golden pheasant crest
rib - small wire gold
body - dubbing golden olive
hackle - golden olive (1 Tbs Rit Lemon Yellow, 1/4 Tsp Rit Sunshine Orange/1 gallon water)
wing - deer hair dyed golden olive
front hackle - hen grizzly dyed blue green (1 Tbs Rit Aquamarine, 1/8 Tsp Rit Kelly Green/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott

ScottP

Golden Olive Stimulator

hook – WFC Model 6 #8
thread - UTC 70 fluoro orange
tag - Danville single strand floss fire orange
tail - deer hair dyed golden olive (1 Tbs Rit Lemon Yellow, 1/4 Tsp Rit Sunshine Orange/1 gallon water)
rib - small wire gold
body - dubbing golden olive
body hackle - grizzly dyed golden olive
wing - deer hair dyed golden olive
front hackle - grizzly dyed orange (1 Tbs Rit Sunshine Orange/1 cup water)

Regards,
Scott

Riogrande King

WFF Supporter
From the vise of Poul Jorgensen, Roscoe, New York. Poly Caddis Emerger

Hook: Pictured is a size 14
Thread: Black
Body and wing: Brown poly yarn. That’s it.

Jorgensen (who was known for his exacting, realistic ties) highly recommended this ridiculously simple pattern. Maybe he was just cleaning out his caddis box when he gave it to me in Basalt.
Jorgy - 1.jpeg

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
Some glammed up clousers for Mexico. I've never considered gray bucktail before but I'm glad I got it, gray gives it some depth I think.
View attachment 223309

Love those clousers. I did the same with a gray bucktail...never had used it before until recently (actually have been toying around with a lot of other colors), but really like that extra subtle depth is gives some of my flies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock