What's in your vise?

Buzzy

WFF Supporter
I'm still tying on them. I used the c40HW a few times last year but never tested them on anything big. The c46HW which is their gunmetal scud hook I've used for 3 years and like it. I've used it on the pattern attached and caught fish on it too. It's a bit shorter than the Mustad but I think it's stronger. View attachment 223720
This is about as minimal a tie as possible. Thanks for sharing the hook type Glenn.

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
Thanks to @FinLuver for graciously handing over some unused buck tail, I managed to throw this together from those amazing tails (yeah, the base is good for nothin'....haha!). While it's a bit larger than most things I typically throw, I had to do the buck tail justice...40mm shank on the front.

For comparison with the "monster" improved Von Bronco, which is ~8" with no shank.

Cheers!

SHD

Thanks to @FinLuver for graciously handing over some unused buck tail, I managed to throw this together from those amazing tails (yeah, the base is good for nothin'....haha!). While it's a bit larger than most things I typically throw, I had to do the buck tail justice...40mm shank on the front.

For comparison with the "monster" improved Von Bronco, which is ~8" with no shank.

Cheers!
With the push in the front and body and the sweep in the tail I’m gonna name your fly “carpet cleaner”. Maybe that’s already taken IDK. Nice work man!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock