Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

cool stuff coming off your vise. show us here.

2M views 22K replies 543 participants last post by  ScottP 
#1 · (Edited)
o_O

PNWFFF, that's where I'd be heading if I were you.

#11,301 ·
Haven't tied much lately, and it felt good to be back at the vise. Stocking up on a few streamers for some summer adventures. Top one is Gunnar Brammer's Trout Nugget and the bottom is kind of a smaller spin off that.

Hand Finger Pink Nail Fawn

#11,307 ·
What hook are you tying those on? Good looking bug. Might have to duplicate that on a small jig hook.
What hook are you tying those on? Good looking bug. Might have to duplicate that on a small jig hook.
I call it and Egg Sucking Damsel.....just a good Lake summer searching pattern... View attachment 205455
Size 14 Daiichi D1760.....3/32 bead...olive marabou, small silver wire....glad you like it....I like to fish it vertical under an indicator.......but that's just how I always fish....

#11,314 ·
I call it and Egg Sucking Damsel.....just a good Lake summer searching pattern... View attachment 205455
.......also black
Maybe 12 - 13 years ago I was introduced to the "pumpkin head" by BC guide Bruce Southern. He told me that he was "milking the does" on a local lake and noticed damsel nymphs catching and eating the trout roe. He came up with an orage glass bead head damsel nymph: the pumpkin head.

Your tie with the tungsten bead is a solid improvement.

#11,316 ·
Is that a Perrine fly box? Haven't seen one of those in decades, unless I look through my stuff. :D
It sure is! My Grandpa gave me that when I was 7, it's also when he taught me how to cast a fly rod. I've used it every since then for my pocket flys :)