SRC & Crabs

Jake

WFF Supporter
the thought of a little cutthroat patrolling the tidal flats, shearing off clam necks as it goes is quite entertaining.
Pretty amazing critters, if you ask me. A few times when snorkeling or scuba diving I've seen them doing what looked like feeding on clam necks. I've also heard from others that they've puked up clam necks once in the net.

Jake

WFF Supporter
Personally, I’d fish beaches between Liliwaup and the bridge, focusing on those rocky ones that have oysters.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
The crab hatch is a very real thing for us up here in Vancouver. Andre Stepanian of local fame has created a tonne of larval patterns we fish for spring coho as well.
Jordan,
Do you have any pictures of the larval patterns you can share?
Thanks
SF

Reactions: Zak

Rogue Fanatic

The crab hatch is a very real thing for us up here in Vancouver. Andre Stepanian of local fame has created a tonne of larval patterns we fish for spring coho as well.
Happens here in WA too. When the megalops are on the surface, fish come hungry. These little space-invader looking things can cover more than a 100 yards in MA-5 and on the OR central coast

1585715093794.png

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts