NFR Awesome Dogs of the WFF!

DKL

Go Cougs!
We are looking for smaller dogs, like schnauzers, westies, beagles, jack russels and so on. It seems like the main dog adoption sites are loaded with pit bulls and larger dogs.

We have just been looking at Pet Finder and Adopt A Pet. Can anyone comment on whether we need to be looking at other avenues? Ie. Facebook groups, smaller rescue places, etc.
I think you are experiencing another effect of the pandemic. Many people have been getting cats and dogs over this time. I work with someone that wanted to adopt a dog several months back and there simply weren't any available. I fear that when many have to stop working from home, there will be a flood of pets being given up.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I think you are experiencing another effect of the pandemic. Many people have been getting cats and dogs over this time. I work with someone that wanted to adopt a dog several months back and there simply weren't any available. I fear that when many have to stop working from home, there will be a flood of pets being given up.

That is a good point. I didn't think of that. We aren't in a rush, so I guess we can just wait to see how things pan out.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
I'd say weather. This gal has been off since friday because a kitty showed up and we can't find it's people. I have a feeling she realizes it might be here for a while. They don't fight, but kitty doesn't come in. 20210523_223722.jpg 20210523_224208.jpg

Squamishpoacher

Mabel isn't too smart. We think she's mentally challenged and so we never get angry when she does things we don't like. She does things we don't like quite a lot. She taught us about patience. And, I guess a little more about the meaning of love.

Attachments

• IMG_20210605_125405_copy_768x1024_copy_433x565.jpg
    IMG_20210605_125405_copy_768x1024_copy_433x565.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 17

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts