Twas the night before fishing...so what lake to fish??

skyrise

storm will be crowded, save it for monday or tuesday. clear lake in sedro woolly ? or grandy lake if i wanted a long drive. riley would be nice but parking might be an issue. save heart or erie for latter after the crowds thin. yep like deer lake or goss. wait 3-4 days then hit sixteen. oh wait i forgot, i am working saturday. have fun.

I always avoid fishing on Opening Day. There are too many people out on the water that have no clue how to respect another fisherman's area of fishing nor are not able to fish safely for themselves nor those around them. Since many are Opening Day 'warriors' just wait a couple of days and all the fish they did not catch, which are most of them, will be available. In addition, we will not having them feel bad when we catch lots of fish and throw them back in...

I always avoid fishing on Opening Day. There are too many people out on the water that have no clue how to respect another fisherman's area of fishing nor are not able to fish safely for themselves nor those around them. Since many are Opening Day 'warriors' just wait a couple of days and all the fish they did not catch, which are most of them, will be available. In addition, we will not having them feel bad when we catch lots of fish and throw them back in...
It seems to really piss of baitfishermen when fly fishing is working better, and we don't keep them.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
storm will be crowded, save it for monday or tuesday. clear lake in sedro woolly ? or grandy lake if i wanted a long drive. riley would be nice but parking might be an issue. save heart or erie for latter after the crowds thin. yep like deer lake or goss. wait 3-4 days then hit sixteen. oh wait i forgot, i am working saturday. have fun.
We hit Storm at noon, no crowds at all, maybe 6 boats on the water and I scored a great parking spot (there were 6 great parking spots). No issues with crowds when you don't try to hit at the butt crack of dawn.

My older boy was not interested at all in joining so I brought out the very excited, couldn't stop talking about it 3 year old.
IMG_0613.JPG

He likes to be sideways.

We fished for about an hour and a half and landed about 20 or so fish just trolling an intermediate line with a soft hackle bug and a green meanie.

He was adamant about keeping a couple so we kept a double (two fish at the same time on one line) and then we caught "the real big one", that he also had to keep.
IMG_0617.JPG

Attachments

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
We hit fish lake on year and couldn't keep them off, each of us hit 60+ fish, released them all. The dock bait boys didn't like that we were catching fish in front of them. That's when lead got closer and closer, we found different water. We also had boats on the more open water come right next to us, you could darn near touch them with the fly rod. Must have thought the closer they got to us the better the fishing would be for them.

Rather humorous.

Latest posts