Twas the night before fishing...so what lake to fish??

Topstoy

In search of Trout
Aeneas wasn't to crowed. I think at the peak there were 8 toons/prams on the lake. Fish fought well and the weather was somewhat decent until about 2 when the wind took command. Roper, so sorry you had to work but I am sure you will make up for it throughout the season.

So, so awesome!! We definitely need to get that boy out for some pink action this summer.

LOVE the tiny little puffy jacket!!

We hit Storm at noon, no crowds at all, maybe 6 boats on the water and I scored a great parking spot (there were 6 great parking spots). No issues with crowds when you don't try to hit at the butt crack of dawn.

My older boy was not interested at all in joining so I brought out the very excited, couldn't stop talking about it 3 year old.
View attachment 97574
He likes to be sideways.

We fished for about an hour and a half and landed about 20 or so fish just trolling an intermediate line with a soft hackle bug and a green meanie.

He was adamant about keeping a couple so we kept a double (two fish at the same time on one line) and then we caught "the real big one", that he also had to keep.
View attachment 97569

We hit Storm at noon, no crowds at all, maybe 6 boats on the water and I scored a great parking spot (there were 6 great parking spots). No issues with crowds when you don't try to hit at the butt crack of dawn.

My older boy was not interested at all in joining so I brought out the very excited, couldn't stop talking about it 3 year old.
View attachment 97574
He likes to be sideways.

We fished for about an hour and a half and landed about 20 or so fish just trolling an intermediate line with a soft hackle bug and a green meanie.

He was adamant about keeping a couple so we kept a double (two fish at the same time on one line) and then we caught "the real big one", that he also had to keep.
View attachment 97569
Great pictures and nice looking young man. You will have a good companion there. Always good to see the youngsters out enjoying the good things in life.

Aeneas wasn't to crowed. I think at the peak there were 8 toons/prams on the lake. Fish fought well and the weather was somewhat decent until about 2 when the wind took command. Roper, so sorry you had to work but I am sure you will make up for it throughout the season.
There were no damn toons/prams on the water; just the 12 ft, blue avenger, the swallows, a great midge hatch and rising trout. And then they (toons/prams) came trolling and bellowing "Doin Ana Gud"!:eek:

Freestone

Not to be confused with freestoneangler
I probably should have picked somewhere a bit warmer this year but I was looking for holdovers. The snow was sideways at times and it kept the crowds down. By dusk, it had stopped and the evening was gorgeous. The bite turned on and I landed a big fat holdover Tiger trout, the biggest I've ever caught!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430061146.338667.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430061180.989803.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430061195.022202.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430061219.739309.jpg

First trip out with my 6-y.o. and the pram. He picked is own setup, I rigged it, and he caught the fish of the day . . .one of the "jumbo" triploids at around 15". Between the two of us we hooked up with a dozen or so fresh stocker rainbows and another half dozen crappie while we were on the water 1-3pm. The lake is less than 10 min from home and I suspect I can talk him into another outing. A good day!
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender[1].jpg

Ron Olsen

Ah Pine Lake; a tradition. Have fished there off and on opening weekends sine 1978. First with my girlfriend. Then with my wife (same wonderful lady). Then with my two boys. Then without boys as they discovered baseball. :( Then alone, and then with friends. And before too long a grandson, due in two weeks! And now know a number of the property owners around the lake. Over the years, small planters, jumbos, trips, brood stock, rainbow, browns, cutthroat, and a few bass. Largest 5# a number of years ago. A number of browns up to 22" (I think all gone now). And yesterday was typical with a few surprises. Met Irafly on the lake and had some fun trying to keep up with him. Wasn't going to chironomid fish, but found some fishy water, and had to borrow an indicator. Much to my surprise, Ira had an extra! ;) So went fish for fish for awhile, but he cheated: two rods! Also saw friends Dave Ivey, Cory, Pat, and Jock. So that makes for a nice day. And apparently much better weather that Saturday. Oh, and did get to exercise one 19" 'bow.:)
Ron

I hit Lake Serene in Mukilteo on Saturday. It is pretty close to me and I didn't have a ton of time. I only managed 4 in the 2 hours I had on the water.

On Sunday I went back but this time with my 5 year old daughter in tow. She'd never fished before and had been begging me to go out. After heading out from the launch, I have her choose a fly (black/green BH wooly bugger), tied it on for her, and cast it out behind the boat. I explained to her what a fish might feel like if she gets a bite, then turn around to cast my own fly out. Not 30 seconds later she shouts "Daddy, I think I got a fish!" Sure enough, her rod is twitching and bending. We get it in, and no sooner do I cast out and we both have fish on! She was heard to comment "this is pretty easy, Dad!" It went on like that for a while, until she finally got tired and we went in.

After going to the trouble of getting the boat out and set up, I called my wife and asked her if she could drop of my 3 year old boy and take my daughter home. I really wanted him to catch a fish as well and it seemed like a great opportunity. It was much the same story with him. He squealed with joy every time he got a fish on. Both kids (and myself) had a great time.

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Great to meet you out there Ron and thanks for the tip on that indicator area. I was much happy to just sit back for a bit and watch the indicator dive for awhile versus the unfortunately much more effective technique of trolling (YUCK!). Although indicatoring did land me my nicest fish of about 18".

bakerite

Ah, the advantages of rural livin'! I went to my local reservoir, the only one that opens on the opener, caught about 15 fry plants 13 - 15'' in a couple of hours. One other boat at the other end of the lake and a couple of guys soaking power bait. Fishin will get better in the next month, then will shut down for summer. Hopefully next time I will get into the 3 year olds!

Latest posts