Redington warranty customer service: A++

GAT

Dumbfounded
Well now... considering it appears then been some changes as to who owns Sage, I need to rethink my position when it comes to their rods. I've always liked the rods but due to one bad experience with their service decades ago, I've avoided buying any new Sage rods.

If the service department that burned me is no longer in place, that changes things when it comes to considering a new Sage rod.

Timely thread - My son took my wifes Crosswater out last weekend and it came back with a broken tip. She's had it for about a year. Redington's service department isn't open on Saturdays is it? (No - Monday through Friday) It would be tough to go mid-week.

I fired off an e-mail - we'll see what response I get from their warranty department. Maybe it's best to walk in and deal with the girls at the counter.....

Last edited:
I think Farbank Enterprises is an umbrella company set up by Sage to house all three companies. Redington rods are made offshore, China I believe, and they don't stock that many pieces for them. That's why if they don't have thieves a particular rod needs, that person gets a new rod. They can't just make it. I learned this on a factory tour when I picked up my FLi when they fixed it for me a couple months ago.

Starman77

Timely thread - My son took my wifes Crosswater out last weekend and it came back with a broken tip. She's had it for about a year. Redington's service department isn't open on Saturdays is it? (No - Monday through Friday) It would be tough to go mid-week.

I fired off an e-mail - we'll see what response I get from their warranty department. Maybe it's best to walk in and deal with the girls at the counter.....
Hope you purchased that Crosswater within the past year, as the Crosswater rods only have a one year warranty, not a lifetime warranty. Here's the verbiage from Redington's warranty web page: "Every new Redington rod purchased through an authorized retailer, with the exception of the Crosswater Series and the Minnow and Topo Combos, is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty. The Crosswater, Minnow and Topo are covered by a one-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship and must include a dated proof of purchase."

Rex

Hope you purchased that Crosswater within the past year, as the Crosswater rods only have a one year warranty, not a lifetime warranty. Here's the verbiage from Redington's warranty web page: "Every new Redington rod purchased through an authorized retailer, with the exception of the Crosswater Series and the Minnow and Topo Combos, is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty. The Crosswater, Minnow and Topo are covered by a one-year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship and must include a dated proof of purchase."

Rex

Thanks Rex - I noticed the CT is on sale for $89 at Cabala's. If it's $50 to repair+ freight the CT might be better option.

Update - The Redington warranty department replied to my e-mail. $30.00, fill out a form (no purchase date required) and mail in the broken tip.

Pretty easy really.

I broke the tip on my hydrogen 3 times . first the store sent it to reddington.3 months. 2 time i sent reddington a picture . had my tip sent to canada in 2 business days . contacted them today about the third tip. Im hopfull they dont make me do the mail thing

A/L/D

I guess they only roll out the special treatment for the big spenders.

I contacted them because of a broken rod tip on my 5wt 2 piece Path rod that broke when fighting fish and it ended up costing around $60 for a new rod tip that I still haven't received in the mail from 3 and a half weeks ago. The rod itself cost $90 so I ended up paying 66% of the cost of the rod for 50% of the rod. No free rod preplacement here, and out of all the people I know who had repairs or replacements done on their rod had to pay.

Latest posts