2015 PHWFF 2 Fly

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
To all our supporters, friends, volunteers and veterans,

As most of you know, every September for the past five years we have held the PHW NW 2 Fly on the Yakima River.
Despite hardships such as fires, smoke, poor air quality, and low water the event has been well received and has even
gotten better each year we ran the event. My thanks goes out to Jerry and all the volunteers that have helped.
None of these events would have happened without this great support.

All that said, key to pulling this event off is water levels. As an example, last year we just managed to get by with 1200 CFS.
If you have been following the news this year you will already know they are predicting a very grim picture for water levels.
This is not good news for this year's event. Add in the requirement to centrally locate, feed, house, and support 100-125
folks for three days would require a major effort to change venues.

As hard as it is to say, this year's 2 Fly is being cancelled. This decision does not come easy and is based on a great deal
of discussion with guides, fly shops, and government and state agencies. Pray for heavy snow for the 2016 2 Fly.

If any of you have made reservations at the Ellensburg KOA or any of the local hotels you need to cancel them.

Again, thanks for your continued support and understanding.

Chuck Tye

That is such a bummer. Although I was not going to be able to make it this year I always look forward to hearing and reading about how everything went. But on a good note I will see the group soon Jerry. I can't wait to tie with you all again

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
That is unfortunate but understandable. I look forward to the PHW event in June @ Trophy Lake!!
Are you guys doing a trip to Trophy? Or do you mean Pooh's Pond over in Port Angeles?

That is such a bummer. Although I was not going to be able to make it this year I always look forward to hearing and reading about how everything went. But on a good note I will see the group soon Jerry. I can't wait to tie with you all again
Can't wait until you get back. :)

surfnsully

I am sorry this can't move forward but I completely understand. If there is anything I can do to assist instead of the 2 fly please let me know.

Stewart

Skunk Happens
Well crap. That sucks. It does, however take some sense of guilt off my shoulders. I just got signed on to help a lot more with the Spokane River Cleanup in the fall, and they had moved the date back a week. Smack into the weekend I expected the two-fly to be. Thanks to all the veterans and PHWFF volunteers. See you in 2016.

I fully understand the decision. I'm sure it was a hard one to make.

Please keep me on the list of volunteers in case you should ever have need of me and/or my boat. I'm in for whatever you need.

Latest posts