HELP: Came across a couple bamboo rods....

CLO

Future WFF Mod
I came across some bamboo rods this weekend and I'm not sure what to do. I think one is about a 4/5 wt and one is possibly a 6/7 weight. I have no info on these rods. Not sure I'm going to keep them or sell them but they look pretty nice. I'm a bamboo noob so any information about these rods would be great-

Brand? Age? Market price? Weight? etc

Thanks!

Rod 1 4/5 weight?

Rod 2: 6/7 weight?

Both rods:

CLO

Future WFF Mod
As far as lengths I would say around 8 ft, no brand logos, rod bags or cases unfortunately.

Last edited:

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
That removable handle: does it have a spot under the end cap where you can insert the butt section? There are some reversible spin/fly rods made that way.

How did you determine weight? Did you eyeball it, or line it up?

To get all the info you would ever want, go to classic fly rods, and ask on their appraisal forum. A lot of generous expertise on that site.

CLO

Future WFF Mod
Ok
That removable handle: does it have a spot under the end cap where you can insert the butt section? There are some reversible spin/fly rods made that way.

How did you determine weight? Did you eyeball it, or line it up?

To get all the info you would ever want, go to classic fly rods, and ask on their appraisal forum. A lot of generous expertise on that site.
Ok thanks. I will do that. I was guesstimating the weights.

I came across some bamboo rods this weekend and I'm not sure what to do. I think one is about a 4/5 wt and one is possibly a 6/7 weight. I have no info on these rods. Not sure I'm going to keep them or sell them but they look pretty nice. I'm a bamboo noob so any information about these rods would be great-

Brand? Age? Market price? Weight? etc

Thanks!

Rod 1 4/5 weight?

Rod 2: 6/7 weight?

Both rods:

CLO,
the rod on the left looks to be a Japanese made rod with the modern reel seat replacing the chromed one typical of these rods, detachable handle & oversized winding check. The 2nd rod is a Montague, based on that particular reel seat. Neither rod worth lots of money but decent to start out with bamboo. Good luck!