Trip Report: 11 days in Neah Bay. Not entirely FF. Pic heavy.

mtskibum16

Great report as always Nick! Man that brings back great memories from last year. It really is magical out there! That video just brings a huge smile to my face - so much fun having those little rockfish bully you around over and over!

Jonathan Tachell

I thought this was a fly fishing forum? Maybe BD would be a more appropriate site to post these types of reports on. Just saying.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter

Jonathan Tachell

Yep the only difference is all of the fish in my pictures were fly caught and I was still flamed for posting similar reports on here. I was even bashed on considerably for keeping sea bass and for pictures posted on another web site. Just saying it is funny how members on here pick and choose who can post what with or without ridicule. That's all.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I see.

Yep the only difference is all of the fish in my pictures were fly caught and I was still flamed for posting similar reports on here. I was even bashed on considerably for keeping sea bass and for pictures posted on another web site. Just saying it is funny how members on here pick and choose who can post what with or without ridicule. That's all.

Jonathan Tachell

Its not just my thread that it has happened to. Other members on here as well for some reason get bashed while some of the good ol boys can get away with the same shit and no one makes a peep about it. I just think it is kind of ridiculous. When I was younger I used to look up to some of the regulars on this board until they started giving me and others shit for fishing legally and occasionally keeping a fish from healthy stocks. Just pointing this out that is all.

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
I get what you're saying man, and I am pretty sure I know the posts you're referring to. But to the best of my knowledge I don't recall jumping on the "bash Jon for keeping a fish crowd" .
In fact I think I recall defending your posts on that one BS thread where everyone jumped on you over that little native south sound coho.

Your points aren't wrong, I just don't feel like I'm the one to be directing that frustration at.

Edit.... As I thought, I certainly didn't bash on you here

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/november-on-puget-sound.83332/

Its not just my thread that it has happened to. Other members on here as well for some reason get bashed while some of the good ol boys can get away with the same shit and no one makes a peep about it. I just think it is kind of ridiculous. When I was younger I used to look up to some of the regulars on this board until they started giving me and others shit for fishing legally and occasionally keeping a fish from healthy stocks. Just pointing this out that is all.

Jonathan Tachell

I'm not bashing on you, just from previous experiences on this site I thought posts were supposed to be about fly fishing. If gear fishing photos are legit now then that's great. Tight Lines

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info