Floating the Cedar River

mcoomer

I'd like to float the Cedar River and wondered who here has done some of it. I was thinking of one of a couple options. Put in at Landsburg and take out at 169. Put in at 169 and take out at Cedar Grove Rd. Or put in at Cedar Grove Rd and float down towards Renton. Probably have my wife drop me off so I don't have to worry about the truck getting broken into. That would make it easier to manage getting in and out, as well.

Let me know if you've done this using a pontoon. I'm going to stop by Creekside this afternoon and ping them on the idea as well.

Thanks,
Mike

Jpfish

I've never done it but have seen plenty of people float it. Just be careful of log jams, they try to put up signs before you reach them and you can usually get around them easy enough with a pontoon.

Mikey_Mac

I've done Cedar Grove to Renton Community Center. Great float! Great fishing! Try to go during the week if you can- less riff raff floating and drinking. It's looking low right now- there have been times that I have had to get out and walk in the past when it was low. As was said before- watch out for log jams.

pastorbrian

I was below lands berg this week and you would be a fool to try and float it. Its very low and lots of rocks. Plus some big logjams by the Maple Valley park. Maybe put in a little downstream, but its pretty skinny water until the golf course area. I saw lots of tubers walking!

JayH

River is floatable right now. There is a log jam between 169 and Cedar grove - better bet may be to put in at the railroad bridge just down from Royal Arch Park. There is a side road that parallels the cedar river trail and 169 that will put you right there.

biker_dd

I was wet wading the Cedar last night. Had my waders handy if it got too chilly, but never went to get them.

Steelhead

Gold Member
WFF Moderator
WFF Supporter
Some guy was guarding the parking lot last night saying that there has been a rash of car break-ins by a group on mountain bikes. They apparently go up and down the trail and break in if you leave something in plain view.

Also if you are floating it a Beaver chopped a tree down and across the river by Cedar Mountain.

Hans Vieser

Monturcky
Floated the other day from Rod Regis park to the lake. Two people on a big inflatable paddleboard, only flipped once. Caught some nice fish and hooked a few lake runs. No logjams and its still pretty floatable but the section in downtown Renton is skinny and boasting a 1000 to 1 sucker to trout ratio. Overall a great float.

creekx

spent spinner
Some guy was guarding the parking lot last night saying that there has been a rash of car break-ins by a group on mountain bikes. They apparently go up and down the trail and break in if you leave something in plain view.

Also if you are floating it a Beaver chopped a tree down and across the river by Cedar Mountain.
Did the new F&G pamphlet change the daily limit or a put bounty on tweakers?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Never been a size or numeric limit on tweekers. Extra points tho, if you leave a tweeker hanging from a tree at an access area to warn other tweekers away.

Damn. Always heard the situation was sketchy if you parked down at the bottom but now they're biking up? How high? Like all the way to Landsberg?

Pulled some great fish out of the middle section the other night. I love the Cedar but floating sounds really nice because it is a challenging wade.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info