Fiberglass Spey Soon

Just bought one of the fiberglass spey blanks on A.R.E website. It is the 13' 7/8, will see what it is like when ever they get them and sent out.

Just got new house and need something to go in MY garage. Have some good ideas on build, but will be fun to see what lines will make this thing sing.

Keep ya posted, especially in the rod tinkering section on progress.

William

Came home from work and there she be! Will get a picture up soon. Has the weight of my Orvis 13' 10wt. Going to be an interesting build. Still figuring how to build it but think it will be a good match for my 4 1/4 Beaulite!

Love the deep loading feel, just wonder how it will be once everything get put together.

Anyone else get one yet?

BRAVEHEART

Just bought one of the fiberglass spey blanks on A.R.E website. It is the 13' 7/8, will see what it is like when ever they get them and sent out.

Just got new house and need something to go in MY garage. Have some good ideas on build, but will be fun to see what lines will make this thing sing.

Keep ya posted, especially in the rod tinkering section on progress.

William

How do you like the finish n feel on the new blanks. At that price its hard to pass up!!

hbmcc

I cheated. After one of the daily fishers I know glowed about his ARE IM6 13' 7/8, I got the finished model. I can't make the build-your-own numbers beat Johnny's ready to go price. Gotshall likes his rods.

I just see glass doing what a pair of rubber boots does in knee deep muck. Don't need that kind of pain.

Well here is the beginning to the ARE fiberglass spey 13'er. Johnny is a great guy to work with and talk to. More pictures to come. Still have to many ideas for the handle so will be having to pick only one idea and go for it.

After picture was taken I noticed I had to redo the lower section of the tip cause I didnt get the wrap down far enough to match other sections. So it is redone now and looks much better. Off to the cork drawing board!

Attachments

hbmcc

Well here is the beginning to the ARE fiberglass spey 13'er. Johnny is a great guy to work with and talk to. More pictures to come. Still have to many ideas for the handle so will be having to pick only one idea and go for it.

After picture was taken I noticed I had to redo the lower section of the tip cause I didnt get the wrap down far enough to match other sections. So it is redone now and looks much better. Off to the cork drawing board!
Nice.... Very nice looking rod; and so far the the wraps are just the same--nice! I have to wait to see the handle.

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly

William and Bruce where is this handle you guys keep talking about? Maybe that's why my casting sucks no handles on my rods.:D

Latest posts