Olde Fly Shop?

hbmcc

Has anyone ordered rod making supplies from the above eBay vendor? I was in the middle of an over $100 material order before I realized the over $80 shipping charges weren't going away, but going higher. Some items were less than the shipping charged; $3.50 shipping for $2.50 snake guides......

He had the only rod handle I can find.

Thanks,

hbmcc

Got an email from the shop. Adjustments will be made to more like under $10. It's a game changer. Decent prices. Decent selection geared to the blanks he offers. Will give a try!

hbmcc

Have ordered from him twice and it went just fine.
Had a message this morning from an English "bloke" to explain that I will get 2 packages instead of one. Some reason that was lost in a Floridian Union Jack accent. Yes, postage much more reasonable than multiples of $4 on the Bay. Went to his web site.

Yes,
I've ordered from him on E day, mostly rod bags. Spoke to him and HE suggested I order from his Web site and receive a 10% discount. Shipping charges very reasonable and he even refunded me my shipping for a mistake I made!
Nothing but happy with my orders from him!

hbmcc

Nice guy to deal with, solid business. My son is casting on one of his 4 weight blanks. Just ring him up with any issues or questions.

c/22
Brian is a very nice gentleman to talk with. The blank I have is flawless. His hardware is very reasonably priced. I didn't realize that prices were for multiples, usually three of Pacbay's.

Anybody built on the spey or switch blanks they offer? Mainly looking for specifics on the 12' 4/5 weight switch - fit and finish, grain window, etc.
Thanks for any info afforded.

hbmcc

Anybody built on the spey or switch blanks they offer? Mainly looking for specifics on the 12' 4/5 weight switch - fit and finish, grain window, etc.
Thanks for any info afforded.
Mine is an 11' 3/4. It is the 4 pce, and a deep, nearly black, flat (green?) painted finish. As noted above, it was flawless. I am anal about the slightest bumps or bends. I am not good enough to assess weight, and this blank is still naked. Sorry. If I waved a wet finger, I would guess it to be on the high side of the weight range. But, there could be any number of caveats to my swing. I am looking for a 2/3 blank.

For Pacbay's, I found his guides and tops very reasonably priced. Just be certain of the quantity offered. I must have 9 stripping guides for the 3 I thought were a bargain.

Also, it is easier to order from the Website. Paypal does funky things with shipping tabulation on eBay. Very helpful to talk to.

Last edited:
Typically, when you order multiple products from the same vendor on eBay, they will combine them into one shipment making the individual shipping charges for each item meaningless. Best to do what you did and contact the vendor to be sure, though.