ID por favor

Taxon

WFF Moderator
golfman-

If by full name you mean scientific name, we have (3) genera in Washington lakes, Crangonyx, Gammarus, and Hyalella. As to their underwater behavior, they characteristically swim on their side.

GOTY

7x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Interesting ! Post ! Looks like i need to investigate this more and come up with a pattern !
I tied some scuds up to mimic these. They absolutely murder the lake I took that throat sample from. It's a lot like the rf scud Ira posted his sbs from a while back, however I use all black dubbing and chop up some peacock color angel hair to get a hint of that sheen that these displayed. Also I add a few more ribs, and trim the underbody to mimic the larger "leg group" near the head of the scud. Probably way too complex but it works too well to not put in the effort. It's a lake where a fair bit of kids learn (it's at a vacation spot), so it's fun tying one of these on for them and seeing them catch their first fish.

gooser14

I tied some scuds up to mimic these. They absolutely murder the lake I took that throat sample from. It's a lot like the rf scud Ira posted his sbs from a while back, however I use all black dubbing and chop up some peacock color angel hair to get a hint of that sheen that these displayed. Also I add a few more ribs, and trim the underbody to mimic the larger "leg group" near the head of the scud. Probably way too complex but it works too well to not put in the effort. It's a lake where a fair bit of kids learn (it's at a vacation spot), so it's fun tying one of these on for them and seeing them catch their first fish.
I jus posted a thread looking for a shrimp type pattern !
Ive seen small fresh water shrimp in puddkes after a high water drop but in a size 18-22 .. an older guy i ran into on the stream the other day uses a shrimp pattern in white or a sift pink on low clear cinditions around me for steelhead and says if its clear ! I cant keeo the fish off of them ! He was gonna give me a few but didnt have any with him so my search is on to create my own !
Thanks for the info !

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts