Open sights & old eyes

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Having trouble linking up open sights due to the fact I use reading glasses to read can't focus on the sights and the target at the same time,any solutions other than useing peep sights or scopes ?

Stewart

Skunk Happens
The last couple of times I've been out shooting made me feel like I ought to give it up. It was like trying to tie on a size 18 with no readers. The Merit disc thing could be a game changer for me. I'm really glad this question was asked and has such a good answer.

Stewart

Skunk Happens
I finally ordered one of these. From my quick indoor test, I can see ;) that this should really help. Quality seems to be good and it only took a week between ordering and receiving. It's really small so I'm going to be conscientious with it when I'm using it outdoors. If it drops in the duff, it could be hard to find. The suction cup seems up to the job so I don't think falling off will be a problem. Actual target testing probably won't happen until spring.

Having trouble linking up open sights due to the fact I use reading glasses to read can't focus on the sights and the target at the same time,any solutions other than useing peep sights or scopes ?
I use an old fashioned tube site on my muzzleloader.....
It's just a piece of thin wall conduit with cutouts for the rear and front sights and then I just tape it or otherwise fasten it to the gun. Act sort of like a scope in that makes the front and rear sights look like one thing

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I use an old fashioned tube site on my muzzleloader.....
It's just a piece of thin wall conduit with cutouts for the rear and front sights and then I just tape it or otherwise fasten it to the gun. Act sort of like a scope in that makes the front and rear sights look like one thing
I ended up buying skinner peep sights & have never looked back