11 ft switch

I love switch rods, great fishing tools. I have a couple 11'9"ers (6119 tcx and 9119 method) and while they aren't noticeably shorter than my 12'6" fishing and casting wise; the shorter, thinner, lighter "switch" handles make them feel so compact and light in hand they feel like a toy. I love them and primarily use them in situations where I'm fishing 60' or less from rod tip to fly but I can definitely drop the hammer on then and shoot more line but mends get touchy at distance. I'd like to add another shorter 8wt 11'er but haven't pulled the trigger because I still haven't hit a real life situation where I've actually needed it, I think I dream up reasons to buy rods but at least I'm practical enough to see that I guess.

karnage

Have you swung a fly today?-
Got out with the new 8110 and it was awesome. I was able to handle 12 ft t11 it casts very well I lined it with ano airflo 510 grain switch skagit.

Amazing how lite the orvis h2 8wt

A.A.

Got out with the new 8110 and it was awesome. I was able to handle 12 ft t11 it casts very well I lined it with ano airflo 510 grain switch skagit.

Amazing how lite the orvis h2 8wt
Anyone have experience with the Original Helios 11' 8 wt? I can get a great deal on one from a friend.

David Loy

Senior Moment
To the original question (I think), in general terms, the longer Switch rods will spey cast better, and the shorter Switch rods will be easier for overhead. Of course the rods design is a factor. I personally find the sweet spot around 10'6" and 11'. Does both well. "Swing both ways and have twice the fun." YMMV.

Latest posts