WFF Rookie of the Year

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
It's the common core math...
My brother growing up made it to a point where he could do triple digit multiplication in his head faster than just about anyone could on a calculator. He did not use a method of the old math, instead he used more of what the Common Core is attempting to teach students. Is it different? Yep! And thank goodness for that. Did the old method teach you how to calculate accurately if you memorized a certain formula? Yep, but it did not do a very good job of teaching math, in fact it left some high level mathematicians feeling like they were not good at math because in their brains they approached it differently and were told to do it differently. Common Core math and/or new math is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Dupher

If you can read this, you are fishing too close
My brother growing up made it to a point where he could do triple digit multiplication in his head faster than just about anyone could on a calculator. He did not use a method of the old math, instead he used more of what the Common Core is attempting to teach students. Is it different? Yep! And thank goodness for that. Did the old method teach you how to calculate accurately if you memorized a certain formula? Yep, but it did not do a very good job of teaching math, in fact it left some high level mathematicians feeling like they were not good at math because in their brains they approached it differently and were told to do it differently. Common Core math and/or new math is a good thing, not a bad thing.
But it is DIFFERENT therefore bad and most likely a communist plot to take over Murica

PhilR

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey
Asshole of the Year IMO goes to Kerry. He is a pro. I wish him well as today he is starting another round of treatment (hope he doesn't mind me sharing that.) Everyone be thinking about him as you are celebrating the holidays.
Can't agree with you on that. I don't know either of them, but I think that Kerry and OMJ are crusty on the outside but great guys on the inside. I'd love to fish with either of them. They could win CODY (crusty old dude of the year).

There are some others, though, who are true butt heads.

Do agree with you on good thoughts for Kerry. Hang in there, bud.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Who needs an education,anything you need the answer too can be found on a computer or by asking the wife,

Latest posts