Casting Instructor in Seattle

msteudel

Mark Steudel
I just got a TFO Deer Creek switch rod 11ft 4wt with OPST + Lazor line setup from Reds. I have a free weekend coming up in a bit and I was curious about getting an hour or two of instruction. Anybody have any recommendations with an instructor that is versed in this setup in the Seattle area?

TIA!

Falls City under the bridge Aaron Reimer River Run Anglers will be teaching spey casting for free starting at 9:00. No flies on your line but yarn instead. He is an excellent instructor.

thought Aaron moved? get a hold of avid anglers and inquire about their spey casting classes..usually Brian Styskal will be avail and he is one of THE best. seriously don't overlook this free event hosted by Avid, many new casters and some old jedi's!

I can second the Brian Styskal recommendation. He's one of the best casters I've ever seen but more importantly he's able to communicate effectively with someone who isn't a great caster.

I don't know if they're still doing it but the Nextcast folks were getting together periodically @Ben howard park on the sky. I've gotten some pretty helpful instruction at their gatherings.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
I might be out in fall city in the morning tomorrow. There are usually a few people out there although the last time I stopped by no one was there. It was the Saturday after Christmas though...

Avids class is great and I help teach with Brian, Vic, Brita and a few.others. Call the shop and get signed up.

msteudel

Mark Steudel
Thanks guys. I did contact Avid, and they did mention the class, unfortunately I'm tied up in the morning, but I did ask if any of their staff would still be in the area later, and maybe I could do a private with them ...

JesseC

I just got a TFO Deer Creek switch rod 11ft 4wt with OPST + Lazor line setup from Reds. I have a free weekend coming up in a bit and I was curious about getting an hour or two of instruction. Anybody have any recommendations with an instructor that is versed in this setup in the Seattle area?

TIA!
You should give Craig at reds a call. He would do a private class I bet

David Loy

Senior Moment
I've not attended Avid's class but probably should and will. Jimmy is a fantastic SH caster, and teacher, but not sure he teaches spey. You want a spey teacher and not everyone that casts well teaches well.

You can always visit us at the Fall City Bridge on Saturday's - Depending on the week you will find several IFFF certified instructors for single hand and two hand disciplines.

We are continuing Aaron's work but less formal.

Latest posts