Californians attempt to rescue their salmon

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
Golfman44,

I would pretty much agree with you, but Totez has characterized himself with posts that are distracting and disruptive to many threads. I see members calling him out on that, although I suppose there are more civil ways of doing that than asking the disruptive poster how many times he was dropped on his head.

Sg
Okay, but that is a dangerous logical train to jump aboard. You're applying past posts in completely different threads to this new thread. By this logic, are we all now supposed to follow @Alosa into future threads he posts in and railroad his shit simply because he just showed himself to have the emotional self control of a 5-6 yr old child? Personally I'd say no, but your logic says otherwise.

Take a step back and re read this thread. Alosa made it personal with his absurd comment. That is the specific moment this thread was derailed. It has nothing to do with past posts by totez, Alosa, you, nor WW. This was a promising thread that was destroyed when @Alosa felt like a big man behind his keyboard. Posts in past threads were irrelevant to this one.

Alosa

This is the comment that derailed the thread.

Alosa should have just taken it to pm instead of posting this kindergarten-esque personal attack.

I respect your opinion. I don't always respond in the most appropriate manner when I see someone post something that contributes nothing to an otherwise meaningful original post, but is rather a deliberate attempt to derail something meant to inform the public at large. That's on me and I'm perfectly fine with that. If you have a problem with me there is an ignore button that I encourage you to press.

Incidentally, I just used the ignore button myself.

Last edited:

GOTY

I respect your opinion. I don't always respond in the most appropriate manner when I see someone post something that contributes nothing to an otherwise meaningful original post, but is rather a deliberate attempt to derail something meant to inform the public at large. That's on me and I'm perfectly fine with that. If you have a problem with me there is an ignore button that I encourage you to press.
I don't have a problem with anyone here, it's the internet. You're welcome to say whatever you want here, it has no impact on me nor should it impact others. I've never ignored anyone and have no plans to. Fuck I'd even fish with Charles Sullivan and his Patriots spewing b.s. and still have a good time. I'd probably low hole the fuck out of him and give the hatch steelhead I catch a gronk spike on the gravel bar, but I'd enjoy it.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Golfman44,

I differ. I think it was Totez post, which is the 3rd in this thread, where instead of saying anything slightly relevant to the original post and topic, he went off topic and derailed by alleging that "a vast majority of Californians are asswipes," and then offering the unrelated opinion about bass. But as you say, it is the internet. I guess that means we should expect stupid off-topic posts, but I don't fault anyone for calling out that negative behavior. Cuz, ya' know, silence confers assent.

Sg

Golfman44,

I differ. I think it was Totez post, which is the 3rd in this thread, where instead of saying anything slightly relevant to the original post and topic, he went off topic and derailed by alleging that "a vast majority of Californians are asswipes," and then offering the unrelated opinion about bass. But as you say, it is the internet. I guess that means we should expect stupid off-topic posts, but I don't fault anyone for calling out that negative behavior. Cuz, ya' know, silence confers assent.

Sg
Dude have you been to cali? Ass wipes is accurate and accurate. What?

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
No Totez. If you had reading comprehension skill you should be able to see that I don't argue. I post my opinions and facts as I understand them, as noted in the PM. Agree or disagree, it's a free internet, if not world.

Hopeless Wanderer,

Yes, I've be to CA. There's 38 million people, so there's more of all kinds, from asswipes to geniuses, and most everything in between. Labeling the "vast majority" of 38 million as asswipes is a pretty stupid statement, IMO.

Sg

Charles Sullivan

I don't have a problem with anyone here, it's the internet. You're welcome to say whatever you want here, it has no impact on me nor should it impact others. I've never ignored anyone and have no plans to. Fuck I'd even fish with Charles Sullivan and his Patriots spewing b.s. and still have a good time. I'd probably low hole the fuck out of him and give the hatch steelhead I catch a gronk spike on the gravel bar, but I'd enjoy it.
Pretty sure all the football b.s. I spewed this week was spot on.

What I know re: this thread is that there are members here who contribute and those who deduct. I have learned lots from the old elitist swingers, or whatever assinine description totez used this time. ( Kerry as an elitist is truly funny btw) Totez only ever adds disdain for flyfishing and other large swaths of humanity.
I don't go on gear sites and tell them they suck cuz they don't fish like I do.
There are a number of reasons for that.

Go sox,
Cds

GOTY

Pretty sure all the football b.s. I spewed this week was spot on.

What I know re: this thread is that there are members here who contribute and those who deduct. I have learned lots from the old elitist swingers, or whatever assinine description totez used this time. ( Kerry as an elitist is truly funny btw) Totez only ever adds disdain for flyfishing and other large swaths of humanity.
I don't go on gear sites and tell them they suck cuz they don't fish like I do.
There are a number of reasons for that.

Go sox,
Cds
I didn't read it this week. Hawks got demolished in the first half, that was ugly. Never even showed up to play. If it was a non 10am game I think it would have been completely different, but Carolina earned that right with a great regular season. They were better today, no question about it. Good luck to your pats..den/pit look awful but NFC looks loaded.

winxp_man

Steelhead Bum
Totez you should have started another thread about Californians being "AWhipes". Hard to argue that your post didn't contributed to the first post. As for CA yes we can thank SF, LA and part of SacTown people for a messed up state.

But this thread was not started for that reason I would assume.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts