Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd get this going right away, at the end of the game the announcers were talking about how it might be the end of Marshawn Lynch's career with the Seahawks.

I hope not. I think he still has a few good years left in him. I don't think we will have to pay him too much, after the surgery his stock kind of dropped.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
I think Lynch will return... but the guys who played fill in did a pretty darn good job. Lesson learned from 2015 season; don't get 31 points down in a playoff game.

Salmo_g

Lynch is 30. Linebackers don't generally have very long carrers, 4 - 5 being typical I think. I don't expect him to return, but I wouldn't mind being surprised. And he would have to return with full on Beastmode; otherwise he's just another decent linebacker, and there are lots of new ones available every year.

Biggest lesson I hope the coach takes from this year, get the rest of the team more time on the field when your ahead! The backup players needed more snaps before they were forced into the first string.

Porter

Rawls probably wont be the same back, he had a major injury to his ankle and his style of running depends on healthy ankles, look for him in 2017.
Gone (due to asking price and what they probably can get on the market)
Kearse
Irvin
Okung

Kam or Bennett?....Probably wont pay both. Kam has a body that is breaking down and his passing coverage has slipped...probably due to not being healthy. Bennett is terrific and will want more money as will Kam Keep Bennett IMHO

Lynch....tough call, with the injury status of Rawls, the uncertainity of Michaels, Lynch probably has another year or two of productivty. He had a nice break from this season. 50/50

Lugan

Joe Streamer
They need offensive line help more than anything, and another solid running back too. Lynch is gone, and even if he stays, he seemed diminished to me all season. Everyone on the team needs to kick their hunger up a notch too.

Josh

dead in the water
Oline got a lot better as the year went on. Always use good linemen, but it's not the disaster it was in the beginning.

I hope not. I think he still has a few good years left in him. I don't think we will have to pay him too much, after the surgery his stock kind of dropped.
I dunno about that. I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the end for him. Both here and in the NFL. You never know with him, and I wouldn't be shocked if he proved us all wrong. But RBs break down around his age. And even before he got hurt, he wasn't having a great season (some of which was the oline's fault).

I don't think we will have to pay him too much, after the surgery his stock kind of dropped.
Lynch is under contract through '17. And if anyone thinks he's the kind of guy to take a big paycut, they haven't been paying attention the past few years. If Rawls is healthy, and a hungry/humble Michael, hard to think they are keeping Lynch. Not at $9million. That money would keep Kearse, get a new oline guy, etc.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Chip Kelly would probably trade all the good players to get used up ones.

As for Lynch he doesn't seem to have it together anymore. Everybody looks for him and they seem to key in on him. Run three yards and fall down. After a while that gets tiring. Or he can't get it going and is tackled for a loss.

But why do we need two Seahawk threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts