Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
Just watched the Steelers game. Even down 17-0, I figured they were going to win. It's that kind of a franchise. An elite franchise.

Under Paul Allen, the Seahawks are an elite franchise. Been to the Super Bowl 3 times in the last 12 years. You can pretty much pencil them into the playoffs at the start of every season. When they take the field we expect them to win. They were underdogs yesterday. Fuck that.

They're not the Patriots. Being a Patriots fan is like being a Yankees fan. It's inherited wealth. I just looked it up. Since 1993 - 24 years - they've had 2 quarterbacks, Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady. They've had 3 head coaches, two of whom were Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick. How do you blow that?

Still, the Hawks are a great team to root for now. Wasn't always that way. I rooted for them anyway. Losses hurt more now, but loses hurt when you expect to win every game. It's better this way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_starting_quarterbacks

It's been a great run. The Patsies were just that prior to Bledsoe, everyone's patsie. Note how long Steve Grogan was the QB. Pats got Tony Eason in the class of 1984 daft (ouch!). Hugh Millen? Tom Ramsey, Tommy Hodson, and Jeff Carlson possible the worst NFL quarterback ever.

"I can't believe I came in from hunting to watch this shit!" - My Dad every Sunday of my childhood.

Go Sox,
cds

Yup, just another quote to get a rise. Watched a lot of Steeler games with Bradshaw, he didn't win those Superbowls by accident.
It's pretty well known that he was only average, and highly overrated.

212 to 210 TD/INT ratio. Never had a passer rating over 88 ( not counting the last season where he completed 5 passes). He just happened to have a great Team around him.

Next, we can mention Joe Namath. Another overrated QB.

212 to 210 TD/INT ratio. Never had a passer rating over 88 ( not counting the last season where he completed 5 passes). He just happened to have a great Team around him.

You might want to read a little more on Bradshaw , and a little less on his stats. Up until last year he was in a pretty elite group with four Superbowl wins. Just average ,I think not.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever

I GUARANTEE Joe Namath was a great.... adequate, winner

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
Put him on another team, and he wins zero rings.
Football is the most team sport by far to win a championship with. Coaching, playcalling. To decipher who deserves what is not clearcut.

Not folding under pressure as a QB in a Super Bowl 4 times is a huge individual achievement right there-but in a team game. Man is a stud in my book.

Most games are won in the trenches, with no-name guys that make the real difference, anyway.

Take away Brady from his protection though the years, drop in QB____, I say that I can see more than a few QB's duplicate his success as well.

I'd say Russell Wilson could have 5 rings easily, with a superior offensive line, better OC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts