Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't care to listen to anyone in an interview, its all canned responses.
So, so true. I love it when people start hating on Wilson't responses, as if all the other pre-, mid-, and post-game interviews with players and coaches ever add even the slightest bit of meaningful knowledge or insight to the situation. The whole thing is just garbage. Maybe Wilson is a little phony, even in real life, I don't know and don't care--I just can't conceive of how it's relevant.

But to that point: Wilson will never be a truly elite quarterback from a pure statistical standpoint because he isn't tall enough. It's as simple as that. He has great talent, and has learned how to win with the talents he has, but it will always be a slightly atypical situation.

Wait a minute, Dudes. Repeating the same cliches in every interview is part of what qualifies a player to be the quarterback. Don't knock Wilson for doing his job.

Personally, I think both of those guys would be good for conversation. They're both intelligent and well-spoken, and those are the top two attributes I look for in a discussion partner.
Just from hearing them on interviews , I personally would much rather have a conversation with Wilson ,not an interview , a conversation. I have to believe Sherman is a bit over the top.

So, so true. I love it when people start hating on Wilson't responses, as if all the other pre-, mid-, and post-game interviews with players and coaches ever add even the slightest bit of meaningful knowledge or insight to the situation. The whole thing is just garbage. Maybe Wilson is a little phony, even in real life, I don't know and don't care--I just can't conceive of how it's relevant.

But to that point: Wilson will never be a truly elite quarterback from a pure statistical standpoint because he isn't tall enough. It's as simple as that. He has great talent, and has learned how to win with the talents he has, but it will always be a slightly atypical situation.
Well said. I turn on the TV when the game starts, skip the half time , and go back to the second half. Don't care what the coaches, players , and commentators have to say. The game speaks for itself.

Shad

Just from hearing them on interviews , I personally would much rather have a conversation with Wilson ,not an interview , a conversation. I have to believe Sherman is a bit over the top.
To be fair, most of the time, when we've heard from Sherman, he's been fresh off making a ridiculous, game changing play, and the adrenaline has affected his tone and his filters. I imagine he's a great conversation during the offseason. Of course, I don't know....

To be fair, most of the time, when we've heard from Sherman, he's been fresh off making a ridiculous, game changing play, and the adrenaline has affected his tone and his filters. I imagine he's a great conversation during the offseason. Of course, I don't know....
I agree, we don't know these guys, we mostly get to see them on the field, and get our impressions from that. Sherman may be a great guy off the field. I noticed when he tore his achilles ,he more or less shoved one of he trainers out of his way, the guy is there to help, to me that speaks of who Sherman is .

I agree, we don't know these guys, we mostly get to see them on the field, and get our impressions from that. Sherman may be a great guy off the field. I noticed when he tore his achilles ,he more or less shoved one of he trainers out of his way, the guy is there to help, to me that speaks of who Sherman is .
Nah, you wouldn't be emotional or anything like that when you realize your season is over. And his pistachio commercials are hilarious. Much better than Wilson's Alaska Airlines commercials.

Jojo

Sherman over Wilson, say it isn't so :D Just listening to Sherman over Wilson in an interview, who would you really like to have a conversation with.
MOST DEFINITELY Sherman. I agree with @napawino - Russell says the same thing:
"it's on me",
"at the end of the day", (actually they all say this one)
"played lights out"

....and Russell exudes positivity that i don't always think seems sincere. Just once i would like to see him lose his cool. He is too contained. I followed Russell Wilson (and Doug Baldwin) for a bit on FB too but they are a bit too Jesus-y for me, so i unfollowed them. (Though i do like some of Doug's interviews, especially during Kearse years when they were together at the podium.)

I am pretty sure Jesus is not on Facebook and I think He has better things to do than making sure he is answering prayers from football players to win games. OR hell, what do i know....maybe He IS watching football and that's why the world is in such a mess!

The first time i heard Sherman speak I asked my husband WHO IS THAT? Because he didn't give that "Bull Durham" kind of sports interview.

Russell and Pete Carroll sound almost the same to me when i watch the post game press conferences. So i don't need to watch Russell.

Wilson's, and other's on the field responses from media seem pretty canned, but so are the questions. They must get tired answering the same basic questions after every game, so revert to a canned generalized response.

Salmo_g

Carroll invoking Neal Degrasse Tyson to judge the lateral is about as far from a canned response as you could see.
True, but also the most atypical thing that I've ever heard Carroll say. I don't dislike Carroll, but his ADD talking speed along with his usual lack of depth in responses causes me to not look forward to his weekly reports. I don't think he's as shallow as he comes across.

Ridiculous observation. he is already an elite QB. Stats mean nothing to you I guess. Opinions of national sportswriters must also mean nothing. He also has many "mosts" in NFL history already. Most wins in first 6 seasons by any QB is but one of them. You don't know what you are talking about.

Big Rob

Wilson will never be a truly elite quarterback from a pure statistical standpoint because he isn't tall enough. It's as simple as that. He has great talent, and has learned how to win with the talents he has, but it will always be a slightly atypical situation.

What?:rolleyes:
Easy stats....
~2 superbowls in first 3 years - Favre went to 2 in his whole career. Manning, 3 in 17 years. Brees...one.
~2nd highest passer rating of all time.
~2nd highest winning % in NFL history
~highest yards/attempt in postseason history
~ Only two QBs in NFL history have rushed for 500 yards, had at least 7.0 yards per carry, and a passer rating of at least 95 in the same season: Russell Wilson and Steve Young.
~Wilson’s career playoff QB rating (96.3) ranks fifth all-time. Bart Starr leads at 104.8. Brady ranks tied for 13th with Manning at 88.5.
~Wilson’s career regular season passing rating(98.6) ranks second all-time behind Aaron Rodgers. Brady ranks sixth.

...he's already there.

MOST DEFINITELY Sherman. I agree with @napawino - Russell says the same thing:
"it's on me",
"at the end of the day", (actually they all say this one)
"played lights out"

....and Russell exudes positivity that i don't always think seems sincere. Just once i would like to see him lose his cool. He is too contained. I followed Russell Wilson (and Doug Baldwin) for a bit on FB too but they are a bit too Jesus-y for me, so i unfollowed them. (Though i do like some of Doug's interviews, especially during Kearse years when they were together at the podium.)

I am pretty sure Jesus is not on Facebook and I think He has better things to do than making sure he is answering prayers from football players to win games. OR hell, what do i know....maybe He IS watching football and that's why the world is in such a mess!

The first time i heard Sherman speak I asked my husband WHO IS THAT? Because he didn't give that "Bull Durham" kind of sports interview.

Russell and Pete Carroll sound almost the same to me when i watch the post game press conferences. So i don't need to watch Russell.
In all honesty, I really don't pay much attention to these guys. what little I do hear them, I just lean toward Wilson, no doubt he seems like a nice guy. Now Sherman, well I don't know . I'll let the more informed decide that, I just see where Sherman's actions speak louder then words, Lets put it this way he's no Eli Manning, Drew Brees etc. True gentlemen of the game.

Ridiculous observation. he is already an elite QB. Stats mean nothing to you I guess. Opinions of national sportswriters must also mean nothing. He also has many "mosts" in NFL history already. Most wins in first 6 seasons by any QB is but one of them. You don't know what you are talking about.
Elite quarterback, It seems like its always about stats with you, it was apparent when you were bashing Bradshaw. Stats mean just that, Superbowls speak the loudest. Wilson is 1-1 in Superbowls, lets not get a head of ourselves.

You should probably wait to put Wilson on that pedestal , at this point he couldn't carry Bradshaw's jock strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts