Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, you wouldn't be emotional or anything like that when you realize your season is over. And his pistachio commercials are hilarious. Much better than Wilson's Alaska Airlines commercials.
Yes, emotions are a big part, and how they handle those emotions is what speaks volumes.

What?:rolleyes:

~2 superbowls in first 3 years - Favre went to 2 in his whole career. Manning, 3 in 17 years. Brees...one.
~2nd highest passer rating of all time.
~2nd highest winning % in NFL history
~highest yards/attempt in postseason history
~ Only two QBs in NFL history have rushed for 500 yards, had at least 7.0 yards per carry, and a passer rating of at least 95 in the same season: Russell Wilson and Steve Young.
~Wilson’s career playoff QB rating (96.3) ranks fifth all-time. Bart Starr leads at 104.8. Brady ranks tied for 13th with Manning at 88.5.
~Wilson’s career regular season passing rating(98.6) ranks second all-time behind Aaron Rodgers. Brady ranks sixth.

...he's already there.
I could go through a bunch of stuff here, but how about I just hit the highlights and get to the point. Rushing yards is not a statistic you want your quarterback to be winning. QBR and the like are interesting but not really useful statistics. He's still only won one superbowl, which is hardly elite territory.

But blah blah blah. To the point: if you were starting a franchise right now and you could choose any quarterback currently--and by that I mean you got them young, not "well I'd choose the 23 year old over the 37 year old"--Wilson would be lucky to crack to the top 3, and might not even crack the top 5. And that's just players playing currently. That's not even cherry-picking the greats from the past.

I might have used the wrong choice of words with "statistical." But the point remains: Wilson is really, really good. But all-time great/truly elite is pushing it, at least with where we're at so far.

Dudes one of the best ballers in the game in the clutch maybe ever.... View attachment 156275
Stats,stats stats, gotta give it up, it only speaks stats. Way ahead of yourself ,lets revisit this in say 5 years, and see where he is at, if he lasts that long. The way he plays, he'll start slowing down ,and then what when he starts getting hit with that long slow release. We have had lots of good or even great quarterbacks with fantastic individual stats, but thats about where it ended.

Where it matters most is winning games, and Superbowls, anything else is just stats.

Stats,stats stats, gotta give it up, it only speaks stats. Way ahead of yourself ,lets revisit this in say 5 years, and see where he is at, if he lasts that long. The way he plays, he'll start slowing down ,and then what when he starts getting hit with that long slow release. We have had lots of good or even great quarterbacks with fantastic individual stats, but thats about where it ended.

Where it matters most is winning games, and Superbowls, anything else is just stats.
But the knack on Wilson when the Seahawks were winning more games was it was the defense and running game causing the wins...which mind you would make his 4th quarter statistics all the more impressive.

If wins is all that is important, how do you ignore the fact that Wilson has more of them than ANY QB EVER through six years?

I'm really not sure what your argument is here. "stats stats stats....". Yes people use them to support their opinions, because without them then all that is left is opinion... Which is all you've shown here. Great that you have one, but more or less worthless on its own.

Curious how his height is the one thing that would keep him from being "elite". Does Brees also share this problem then?

If wins is all that is important, how do you ignore the fact that Wilson has more of them than ANY QB EVER through six years?

I'm really not sure what your argument is here. "stats stats stats....". Yes people use them to support their opinions, because without them then all that is left is opinion... Which is all you've shown here. Great that you have one, but more or less worthless on its own.

Curious how his height is the one thing that would keep him from being "elite". Does Brees also share this problem then
My point is we keep hearing this elite think, and his stats, lets revisit when its all said ,and done with him or say 5 years.

I got the feeling from some of these posts, that he is in the same league as some of the greats, we had Wino blasting Bradshaw, hell he's proven himself, lets wait ,and see where Wilson ends up.

Brees is going to go down like many great quarterbacks, but can never be in the same conversation as the Brady's ,Montana etc. Thats where Wilson is right now ,possibly a great quarterback, but the most wins in 6 years does not define a career .

Last edited:
Dudes one of the best ballers in the game in the clutch maybe ever.... View attachment 156275
How much of that is because they always seem to start slow then when the pressure is off they get rolling? Is it really better to be elite in the 4th or have the game put away in the first half? Part of that(pro and con) probably has to do with Lynch beating the crud out of defenses paying off late in games.

XP

Wilson throws a lot of bad interceptions in playoff games compared to the great ones. Certainly not elite.
4 went off of Kearse's hands so if you overlook those Wilson
s TD/INT Ratio is 20 TD to 6 PICKS in the playoffs against the best teams. MVP ELITE.

So far, Wilson is on the same pace of TD/INT ratio as Tom Brady even with those Kearse drops.

Wrong again Dime!

Last edited:
Um, did you watch Super Bowl 48?
Would you consider that a typical Hawks game? Weren’t the first points from the D as well?

It’s just an observation with no stats to back it up. I do see Hawks football like Giants baseball was when they won 3 in 5 years: Torture!

creekx

spent spinner
4 went off of Kearse's hands so if you overlook those Wilson
s TD/INT Ratio is 20 TD to 6 PICKS in the playoffs against the best teams. MVP ELITE.
Was thinking the same thing. Everybody remembers Kearse's OT catch to win the NFC Championship Game, few recall him being responsible for the interceptions that prevented the Seahawks from winning comfortably in regulation.

XP

Yep
Would you consider that a typical Hawks game? Weren’t the first points from the D as well?

It’s just an observation with no stats to back it up. I do see Hawks football like Giants baseball was when they won 3 in 5 years: Torture!
The defense scored a safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts