Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Sullivan

ignoring Rob Allen and Generic
I'm watching the Eagles game. There is no championship team in the NFC. Any team in the playoffs can be beat. Go Hawks. Go Panthers.
The Seahawks would have a real chance if they made the tournament. Only New Orleans has a QB that you can count on for sure.
No one would want to have to face the Seahawks. That defense can still be great.

Go sox,
Cds

nb_ken

The 2013 Seahawks defense was perhaps the best in the history of the game. '95 Bears level. Tough to sustain.

Charles is right, though. That defense still has their moments. Wagner and Bennett and Thomas wouldn't hear otherwise. Three turnovers, three touchdowns Sunday. Kept Dallas out of the end zone. Impressive.

The unsung hero on that defense in my opinion is KJ Wright. When he's not in the lineup, Bobby has to do too much. The two of them were key to the win over Dallas. Best pair of LB's in the history of the game, headed by one of the best individual LB's in a long long time. KJ doesn't get the credit he deserves.

nb_ken

The unsung hero on that defense in my opinion is KJ Wright. When he's not in the lineup, Bobby has to do too much. The two of them were key to the win over Dallas. Best pair of LB's in the history of the game, headed by one of the best individual LB's in a long long time. KJ doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Wagner and Wright. Thomas and Chancellor. Bennett and Avril. Plus Richard Sherman. Best defense in history. And Kam Chancellor was the difference between merely very good and legendary.

Chancellor was a friggin grenade. He would blow people up. Receivers were afraid of him. And that set the tone for the whole defense. Seahawks made teams afraid.

But Kam's not the same any more. He's gotta hurt 24/7. Hasn't been the same since at least the holdout, maybe before. The Hawks still have a very good defense, but they're not legendary any more.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout forever
I agree. He moves and looks so much like Sherman on the field that it helps me miss Sherman a little bit less.
I think it is just the hair ;)

He will be ALOT cheaper than Sherman, Sherman does have a lot of money guaranteed in his contract. Shaq is not as tall as Sherman, Sherman is a lengthy dude-great for the position!

Remember when Earl Thomas was a Seahawk AND had long hair?
Unknown.jpeg
973f0deb9cfe3d97bbd6e14d14a67e79--seahawks-football-seattle-seahawks.jpg

Last edited:

nb_ken

They looked pretty good against the Boys. Even with Maxwell and Lane. Shaq Griffin is going to be the next Richard Sherman.
Agreed.

Before he got hurt, Sherman could still shut down the whole side of a field. Bobby Wagner is playing better than he ever has. Without Chancellor, Earl Thomas' job is harder now, but he's still the best safety in football. Every game they've won this year is because of the defense. And the Seahawks are paying them handsomely for that.

But the rest of the team is collapsing around them. They have zero offense. They put the whole thing on Russell Wilson. And as much as I love RW, he's not good enough for that. Marshawn Lynch was way more important to the offense than Russell Wilson. RW needs help.

I won't even talk about special teams.

There's so many holes to fill. And it's getting to the point where even this defense won't be able to carry the team. They need to cut payroll and stock up on draft choices who hopefully become good rookie-contract players. Schneider's done it before. It's time to do it again.

Agreed.

Before he got hurt, Sherman could still shut down the whole side of a field. Bobby Wagner is playing better than he ever has. Without Chancellor, Earl Thomas' job is harder now, but he's still the best safety in football. Every game they've won this year is because of the defense. And the Seahawks are paying them handsomely for that.

But the rest of the team is collapsing around them. They have zero offense. They put the whole thing on Russell Wilson. And as much as I love RW, he's not good enough for that. Marshawn Lynch was way more important to the offense than Russell Wilson. RW needs help.

I won't even talk about special teams.

There's so many holes to fill. And it's getting to the point where even this defense won't be able to carry the team. They need to cut payroll and stock up on draft choices who hopefully become good rookie-contract players. Schneider's done it before. It's time to do it again.
I agree for the most part. EXCEPT when you said Wilson isn't good enough for that. He is. And he proves it every game. Put Aaron Rodgers or Brady back there and see how many games they would have won.

nb_ken

Of course the Boys helped a lot. Especially Dez Bryant, the biggest head case in the NFL.

Now it's on to beating the Cards. Who's their QB? Pee Wee Herman?
Bruce Arians' mini me will be calling signals. Won't he look cute in that little golf cap thing when Frank Clark comes around the end and plants him. Helmet to newsboy contact.

upload_2017-12-26_16-36-39.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts