Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad

The penalties have always been hard to watch; even when they were always able to overcome them. Now that they are costing them games, I do hope we can put to rest any bullshit notion that being the most penalized team in the league is somehow not a problem. I will agree they seemed immune to consequences for a long time, but that's clearly over now, so it's time to start paying attention to detail and get back on the right side of the thin line between great plays and damaging penalties.

This is still a very good team. Minus a couple injuries, they probably edge out Atlanta for the wild card, but that's not how it happened. I really think they need to refresh the offensive coaching staff. Between Bevell's predictable, hopeless run play calls on every first down and the inability of Cable's line to block anyone, I'm pretty sure Russell is being held back from realizing his potential. Imagine the numbers he puts up behind even an average line.... I've given Cable a pass for a long time, because I know he hasn't had much to work with, and in years past, the line has progressively improved to the point of being good when it really mattered (wonder how much of that was owed to having a stud running back that didn't need holes to gain yards???). That didn't happen this year. Seems to me they only got worse. Maybe a new coordinator can figure out how to get more out of what is really a pretty good offense in the first three quarters. Who knows?

Not looking forward to January without playoff football. First time in many moons. We have been blessed to be fans in the Pete Carroll era. Easy to forget that on afternoons like this.

Happy New Year, all!

Jojo

Hey y'all. Thanks for letting me play here too. Like fishing, i don't know as much as y'all do, but i know a little more than your average jo. Y'all are very entertaining too! Looking forward to taking on Dimbrite though i think i gotta root for LA now. OK, now off to the party! Happy New Year everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts