SLT Love

Shopkeeper

WFF Supporter
I still haven't got over how it casts...Might be a little heavy compared to newer offerings, but it's a dandy rod...I'm a fan of more moderate rods, so the casting stroke for me is thoughtless; it just goes.

I've had the blank for about 7 or 8 years and built it intending to sell, but I don't see that happening.

I have a 5 piece 590 SLT, and I absolutely love it. I don't have a lot of rods (my other 5wt is a graphite II from the '80s! That's the Sage blessing/curse) so whenever I am with friends or a guide I try to get a few minutes on other makes and models. Nothing beats the SLT, so far as I am concerned.

Porter

SLT is still a helluva a fly fishing tool. Just spent some time using a SLT. A drift boat situation with some stand in river time. Really impressive, very good tool for the minus 50’ casts , I think it has great feel when casting short to medium and very capable to launch the fly when needed. Roll casting, mending, dry fly twitch activation mode all good. I left the boat thinking I might need to add one to my quiver.

I still take the SLT 590-4 to NZ with the newer rods, ie; scott radian, ONE , and thoroughly enjoy the smooth action , and tippet protection. It's still a GREAT rod .

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts