Presumed gone, wild Atlantic Salmon return to the Connecticut River!

Matt B

WFF Supporter
You are welcome to post, also. And we have forum members all over the country.
Indeed. Thank you for the welcome. From the front page of the forum: "Welcome to Washington Fly Fishing. Providing fly anglers information specific to our beautiful waters, and general fly fishing topics applicable anywhere."

When I wrote of my annoyance, I had watched this subforum become dominated by posts about Connecticut, Chesapeake Bay, polar bear habitat in AK, etc. etc. and there were 6 threads started by you (w/ typical cut-n-paste and no discussion or commentary), several of them not close to Washington. I am glad to learn that other Forum members are interested in some of the national conservation news. I am too. But I would like to see this subforum remain focused on Washington, or at least PNW issues. I saw it drifting away from that. It's not just my subforum though. Maybe folks want to see local issues drowned out by noise.

rapido101

Kicked
Indeed. Thank you for the welcome. From the front page of the forum: "Welcome to Washington Fly Fishing. Providing fly anglers information specific to our beautiful waters, and general fly fishing topics applicable anywhere."

When I wrote of my annoyance, I had watched this subforum become dominated by posts about Connecticut, Chesapeake Bay, polar bear habitat in AK, etc. etc. and there were 6 threads started by you (w/ typical cut-n-paste and no discussion or commentary), several of them not close to Washington. I am glad to learn that other Forum members are interested in some of the national conservation news. I am too. But I would like to see this subforum remain focused on Washington, or at least PNW issues. I saw it drifting away from that. It's not just my subforum though. Maybe folks want to see local issues drowned out by noise.
Complain to the Moderator, if you'd like. But if you'd like to be constructive, take the time to make your own posts that you think more appropriate. And, of course, you can always ignore the posts you consider 'noise.'

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Complain to the Moderator, if you'd like. But if you'd like to be constructive, take the time to make your own posts that you think more appropriate.
Thank you again for pointing out my options that I was already aware of. The point of my post is that I choose not to complain to the moderator since this is a community that we define with our participation. I have made my wishes/hopes for the subforum clear. I am sorry that you cannot understand that I was not pointing to a hope for MORE posts of a certain type as much as FEWER posts of another type (see "noise"). I understand that you consider yourself above reproach and will continue to behave as you behave regardless of my input. I hope as many people as possible find value in your contributions to the forum.

rapido101

Kicked
Thank you again for pointing out my options that I was already aware of. The point of my post is that I choose not to complain to the moderator since this is a community that we define with our participation. I have made my wishes/hopes for the subforum clear. I am sorry that you cannot understand that I was not pointing to a hope for MORE posts of a certain type as much as FEWER posts of another type (see "noise"). I understand that you consider yourself above reproach and will continue to behave as you behave regardless of my input. I hope as many people as possible find value in your contributions to the forum.
Matt. I understand your 'hope.' I simply disagree.

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
You call North American Atlantic salmon a conservation success? Hardly.
Not at all what I was saying. Any story of fish on the rise is a good thing.

I am well versed on the Atlantic Salmon status in the world. A few hidden populations is awesome news. I've been to the Connecticut River, I've been to Scotland's Tay, and Ireland's Galway as well.

Seems you like NW only, but read up on Pyramid Lake in Nevada too.

If this is a sub-forum for success of WA fish stocks recovery it would be near empty.

Last edited:

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Seems you like NW only
Wha? No way Jose, just trying to steer focus, since there are untold #s of conservation challenges in the world. I guess no one else agrees with me. Wouldn't be the first time! I'm okay with that.

If this is a sub-forum for success of WA fish stocks recovery it would be near empty.
Maybe so. I don't remember anyone suggesting that though.
Yay Salmo salar!

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
Wha? No way Jose, just trying to steer focus, since there are untold #s of conservation challenges in the world. I guess no one else agrees with me. Wouldn't be the first time! I'm okay with that.

Maybe so. I don't remember anyone suggesting that though.
Yay Salmo salar!
I will agree with threads about Polar Bears on a fishing site.

Those guys on the Polar Bear site don't like fish talk...so it is fair I guess : )

Where is the concern for all the missing mermaids????

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts