(NFR) Who's working?

David Holmes

Formerly known as "capmblade"
Clearly this was an attempt to get dirt on people so you could blackmail them at work. Good idea! Then you could retire and fish all the time!

[ramble]

As I tell anyone who will listen for a half-sec, the only reason I work at a tech job in Seattle is so I can house my wife and kid. If it weren't for them, I'd ditch the job and house, buy an airstream to tow behind my F150 and no one would ever hear from me again except via postcards.

I wish I were a fly-fishing cowboy, but instead I'm chained to about 10 computers during the weekday - why not spend time reading about fishing.

On the plus side my kid is a hoot! He's 2 and he just walked off with my latte and is choking on it right now. Little freakshow. He calls my olive chenille "snakes". Also, my wife is hot so I shouldn't complain. :)

[/ramble]

Disabled vet here. I'm either at home, whch allows me to visit here sveral times a day or I'm on a river (200+ days a year). My only problem is finding places with somewhat easy access to our great water.

REE

I'm a free lance writer, author, poet. No, I don't work...
I just love this site. I post at all hours, sometimes at two, three in the morning when I can't sleep. Don't know what I'd do if Chris kicked me off for some of the more rash things I say. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed or go somewhere else I guess. But we seem to like each other and with a very few exceptions, I like almost everyone on the board.

Bob, the Work? No, thanks, I did that all my life and it's time to catch a few fish now. :ray1:

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
What kind of jobs do you have? I'm working all day as a 5th grade teacher. No time to check the site during the day at all!

I read and post after my work day is done while I'm at home.

IRA..

Luv2flyfish

Another Flyfisherman
Capmblade.... iagree

I am a work poster and home poster. I'll be unemployed about the time the winter run really heats up, then employed again....flyfishing in alaska....then unemployed again........until the next summer. OH YEAH - FINALLY There will sufficient Fishy-Time.

I am starting to think the seasonal bum way of life is the hot ticket. To hell with owning a house, To hell with getting married (unless she makes ALOT of money..hehehehe), to hell with all this adult crap. Guide in the Summer, Be a Skibum/bartender/floor mopper at some high dollar resort somewhere (IE: Whistler, Jackson, The Valley) during the winter and Repeat! You'd have mimimal bullshit, and MAXIMUM Fishy-Time! Pension...who needs it? Insurance....Naaaaaaaa, Responsibility.......Over Rated! 300+ days of fishing a year......... :ray1:

well, a guy can dream cant he?

mike doughty

Honorary Member
Luv2flyfish said:
Capmblade.... iagree

I am a work poster and home poster. I'll be unemployed about the time the winter run really heats up, then employed again....flyfishing in alaska....then unemployed again........until the next summer. OH YEAH - FINALLY There will sufficient Fishy-Time.

I am starting to think the seasonal bum way of life is the hot ticket. To hell with owning a house, To hell with getting married (unless she makes ALOT of money..hehehehe), to hell with all this adult crap. Guide in the Summer, Be a Skibum/bartender/floor mopper at some high dollar resort somewhere (IE: Whistler, Jackson, The Valley) during the winter and Repeat! You'd have mimimal bullshit, and MAXIMUM Fishy-Time! Pension...who needs it? Insurance....Naaaaaaaa, Responsibility.......Over Rated! 300+ days of fishing a year......... :ray1:

Wow i think i just found my soul mate :hmmm: , just playing, but i like your style. :thumb:

Luv2flyfish said:
Capmblade.... iagree

That is what I do. :) Where in AK are you located? POW here.

i am a retired high school science and math teacher. the last 9 years were occupied with fishing ,hunting, selling firewood, sub janitor, and attending grandkids activities. mike w

I'm a UPS driver late in my career. I'm online in the early a.m. and after the day is done. I'm on the edge of pulling the retirement card :thumb: so I'll be able to fish and lurk full time LOL.
Mike

How come I am not surprised all you jokers think the same thing I do ! :clown: My dream is to own a fish lodge on some remote lake and just have people come up and stay and fish all day. I won't get rich but who the heck wants to do that, If I can fish everday I would consider myself to be rich! :cool: