Swap "Items from work" fly swap

View attachment 114758

I had just snipped off these strands of fiber out of the recycle bin to see if I could use it in Fly tying. I will practice and see what I come up with.

Cool swap idea!

Whoops, I didn't read all the posts. I see it is closed. No big deal, I will wait for the photos!
I'm going to go ahead and let you in Jeff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll keep my eye on this one...should be some cool looking stuff...

in the past, I've used repeater pipette tips for tubes (the larger old-school variety)...they work great!!! alas, I no longer work there, but do still have a stockpile of those tips that I had cut up...

Jeff Dodd

Jeff, what the heck is that?
It is the insider of fiber optic cable. I didn't look very close when I snipped them out of the recycle bin, but I thought it could be a good tying material.

I am wondering if it might work in an emerger pattern, where a fiber carries light from the water's surface down through the fly.

It is pretty cool how it glows with the desk lamp on it. It is relatively stiff though and not sure how it will do wrapped around a shank.

I'll keep my eye on this one...should be some cool looking stuff...

in the past, I've used repeater pipette tips for tubes (the larger old-school variety)...they work great!!! alas, I no longer work there, but do still have a stockpile of those tips that I had cut up...
Do you want in?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pat Lat

Mad Flyentist
It might make cool mono style burnt eyes or touch it with a hot needle to make bent shrimp legs.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Latest posts