Outcast Power Drifter

Andy

Workin in a sweet mullet
Whats up guys?
Does anyone have any experience with one of these boats? They look pretty badass. (they kinda look like an inflatable canoe). I am thinking about picking one up, but I dont know how stable they would be in hairy water. They do look like they would be great for a float/camp situation and for the Yak, cause you can stand up on them and fish.

Vegas Baby, Vegas

I saw a couple of them going down the East Fork of the Lewis last week. They seem to handle well and there were a couple of hairy spots. I couldn't tell how it would do for fishing cause the guys weren't fishing. I would like to try one myself. it looks wierd going down the river cause I am used to seeing people sitting inside of the craft instead of above it.

Andy

Workin in a sweet mullet
That would be great if I could get a boat that allowed me to stand and fish, would keep me above the water and was stable going through some rapids. Heres a picture of one if you dont know what I am talking about.

Andy said:
That would be great if I could get a boat that allowed me to stand and fish, would keep me above the water and was stable going through some rapids. Heres a picture of one if you dont know what I am talking about.

Call Clark at Puget Sound Fly Co. (425)839-4119 as he has used you from their Outcast rep and had some good pros and cons about the raft.

When i was checking these out a couple years ago my impression was that outcast was saying they should only be used in stillwater or very slow moving rivers. They are not whitewater boats which is why I went with a watermaster.

-sean

NW Angler on Bainbridge IS has these in the store - not sure if they have been using them on their guided trips or not - might be worth a call. My kids played in the demo boat - my gut says it would not be as laterally stable as a pontoon boat.

Surf

Hows it hangin' Andy?,

Those do look bad ass. I want one. A guy can never have enough fishin' rigs I always say.
And look at all that room fore + aft for coolers and what not so a guy could keep his PBRs icey cold. :beer2:
I don't know if I'd want to run much classlll water in it but she looks like a mighty fine still water/slow water craft.

Peace,
LT :cool:

Anil

If any of you are thinking about a ‘Power Drifter,’ we have a demo boat in the shop right now. Give one a try. I was very impressed by this boat. Having never given the ‘Power Drifter’ much thought before, it was a very nice surprise.
Anil
www.pugetsoundflyco.com

Latest posts