Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Flyborg

Attempting to defend the indefensible... consistent and in keeping with the dogma, I'll give you that. The global warming data manipulation was well documented, yet some just choose to turn a blind eye and tune it out. Again I ask, where was the outrage from the scientific community? As for the erroneous temperature data shown on the NOAA site, it is what it is... bogus.
Someday, I'm going to have agonizingly slow, gay sex with you.

Flyborg

I'm not a fan of think tanks in general, as they're typically just vessels intended to extend corporatocracy with blatant disregard for anything resembling truth. There's a few good eggs out there that have proven themselves over the years (like RAND Corp) in my mind. Not sure how that applies here, as you won't see me defending the actions of the EPA. There's plenty of peer reviewed research and data from non-biased and respected sources outlining the general consensus of scientific community. Of course, in my mind, it's going to be much easier to burn it all down through provocation and deceit, so I'm all on board for the impending civil war.

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises

KerryS

Ignored Member
Or you can read a report ["Climate change: Fresh doubt over global warming 'pause'"] of real science and a reliable source for information here: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-38513740.
"The conclusion is that Noaa got it right, the scientists at Noaa were not cooking the books or manipulating the data in any way and that three independent sets of data back up their results."

Sort of like the current controversy over hacking. If you don't like the results accuse the professionals of making it up or altering the records. Lies, lies, and more lies.

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
Man, y'all are butthurt as fuck. Just admit that there is nothing that will change your minds because humans are stubborn twats and go pick up a fly rod, jeezus.

Flyborg

Man, y'all are butthurt as fuck. Just admit that there is nothing that will change your minds because humans are stubborn twats and go pick up a fly rod, jeezus.
I put down my fly rods so I could buy some guns and join the SJW militia. My great-grandfather, right before he died about twenty years ago at the ripe age of 99, asked me what the hell I was doing fishing when there weren't any fish left. That question still haunts me for a lot of reasons.

plaegreid

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus
My great-grandfather, right before he died about twenty years ago at the ripe age of 99, asked me what the hell I was doing fishing when there weren't any fish left.
Why did I keep chasing tail when it was obvious that I had no game? Because hope is another human condition, man, can't be helped.

No one on this board knows.

If America stopped using fossil fuels tomorrow millions of people would die and what was left would be impoverished. Meanwhile China would use our share as well and pollute the world even more.

I am sympathetic to the better safe than sorry side of the debate but if you don't come to the table with solutions to the problem then what good is your debate.

Cutting back carbon emissions by a small amount won't do anything and cutting them off is murder. So come up with real solutions or don't say anything.

Oh and the battery in your prius? Yeah it's that bad.