New member from Iowa

Dupher

If you can read this, you are fishing too close
Welcome,

A couple of things that will help us get to know you better,

What is your opinion of these socks?

Do you have an opinion about light rain shells?

Which do you think is more likely to happen first, Iowa wins a national championship or we have a spring C&R steelhead season on the Skagit?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I don't follow it like I used to. I wrested in high school. Iowa had a run where they won the NCAA national championship 7 of 8 years. The third string could start for most any D1 school then. That is true domination. It wasn't even fair when Dan Gable was the coach. The sport is suffering now though. All the elite athletes are drawn to a very short list of schools.

I fish MN a lot and got attached to the Twins.

Interesting trivia fact on Dan Gable which you likely know since you wrestled....he only lost one college wresting match, his final match of his career to Larry Owings from the UW. 181-1....not a bad career record at all.

Big Twins fan myself. Harmon Killebrew was my favorite player as a kid growing up.

If you ever get out to the PNW and need some fishing help, drop me a line.
SF

Dewayne

Welcome,

A couple of things that will help us get to know you better,

What is your opinion of these socks?

Do you have an opinion about light rain shells?

Which do you think is more likely to happen first, Iowa wins a national championship or we have a spring C&R steelhead season on the Skagit?

Regarding the socks. I like girls. Can I say that on this forum or am I banned already? :)

Regarding light rain shells, see my comments on the socks. :) I wear my old Army gortex when it's really raining, not that anybody is interested in my fishing attire.

Regarding [email protected] season. I won't pretend to know WA fishing politics but I am going to guess meat hunting rules because anything that challenges it could hurt license sales and tourism dollars. Truly just guessing though.

Dewayne

Interesting trivia fact on Dan Gable which you likely know since you wrestled....he only lost one college wresting match, his final match of his career to Larry Owings from the UW. 181-1....not a bad career record at all.

Big Twins fan myself. Harmon Killebrew was my favorite player as a kid growing up.

If you ever get out to the PNW and need some fishing help, drop me a line.
SF

A number of wrestlers, and even a future Chicago Bear SB Champ were in my ROTC class at Iowa. I was pursuing a career and they were pursuing some credit hours to stay eligible. :) I remember them saying if you get lazy in practice you get to wrestle Gable. After a couple of nasty olympic style slams you were motivated again. He was 10+ years older and not competing anymore but he had 20# on them but they feared the old man. :) The guys I am talking about did win NCAA championships at heavyweight and 185 too IIRC.

Klickrolf

Welcome, the internet makes it seem like a small world. Spent my teen years in Vernon county, WI and played in most all the spring creeks in the driftless area. You'll find lots of trout fishermen on this site and lots of good info and interesting opinions.

Deep Swing

Welcome hawkeye fan! My son went to Iowa and we made it to several games at Kinnick. Good times. I will be with my ultimate Iowa fan at his lake home in Kentucky next week. He grew up in Iowa and went to the university. Big Hawkeye Fan!!

Wisconsin drift less area is nice as well as eastern Minnesota and Iowa for trout.

DS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewayne

What is your idea of a perfect first date?

Long walks on the Driftless Stream beaches. Today it was with the Craiglist Killer. (He bought some fly gear from me a week or two ago). He had never fly fished before but we fixed that today as we caught about 10 rainbows. He didn't kill me and steal my Jeep so that was really cool. I'm not sure what color his eyes are. I'll pay better attention if we go out again.

:)

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts