Article Morning Low Tide

erniemx5

Tides finally swung over to the morning side of the clock. The PM lows were oppressively hot to fish. Got on the water at 6:30, and as soon as I could see started to find fish. Ended up with 4, and two were over slot. Got off the water at 12:00 and was wilting.

Hope I don't cause an uproar with this first picture, no fish were harmed in the making of this post:

A ton of small shrimp in the creeks right now, everything is gorging on them. Bait size right now, come August should a good year for eating size

Last couple of trips fish were refusing everything, so went to bonefish patterns which seem to be the ticket:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tides finally swung over to the morning side of the clock. The PM lows were oppressively hot to fish. Got on the water at 6:30, and as soon as I could see started to find fish. Ended up with 4, and two were over slot. Got off the water at 12:00 and was wilting.

Hope I don't cause an uproar with this first picture, no fish were harmed in the making of this post:

A ton of small shrimp in the creeks right now, everything is gorging on them. Bait size right now, come August should a good year for eating size

Last couple of trips fish were refusing everything, so went to bonefish patterns which seem to be the ticket:

Cool looking fly

erniemx5

Nice fish Ernie, where you from?
I am in St Marys Georgia. Today I fished the Timucuan nature preserve which is NE of Jacksonville adjacent to the St Johns river. Spartina marsh, oyster bars, and mud flats. Lots of Redfish, spotted sea trout, and flounder. Low tide fishing is pretty much all sight casting, and we're about to get the fall high tides which flood the spartina, allowing the Reds access to billions of fiddler crabs for some really neat wading action.

I am in St Marys Georgia. Today I fished the Timucuan nature preserve which is NE of Jacksonville adjacent to the St Johns river. Spartina marsh, oyster bars, and mud flats. Lots of Redfish, spotted sea trout, and flounder. Low tide fishing is pretty much all sight casting, and we're about to get the fall high tides which flood the spartina, allowing the Reds access to billions of fiddler crabs for some really neat wading action.

Sounds fun.

Latest posts